New Delhi: If pimples and acne scars on the face are bothering you, try putting some garlic juice or a mud pack.
Acne problem usually starts around the age of 10-13. Two things that trigger acne problem among teenagers are hormonal changes in the body and bacterial infection.
Hormonal changes, like secretion of testosterone in boys and both testosterone and oestrogen in girls, increase the oil secretion in the body making the skin oily and more prone to acne and breakouts.
Natural remedies like garlic juice, clay packs and lemon juice helps avoid acne and lighten scars.
Here are a few easy ways to get rid of pimples and acne scras:
1. To avoid acne, wash your skin twice a day
2. Make sure that you use a mild face wash that is meant for your skin type. Washing your face too frequently, especially with harsh cosmetics, can aggravate your acne.
3. Try to avoid processed foods like white bread and noodles as they often trigger outbreaks.
4. Use a face pack made of Fuller`s earth (non-plastic clay or claylike earthy material) at least once or twice a week. This will help extract excess sebum and is therefore one of the best natural methods to treat acne.
5. You can also apply a little garlic juice on your face, for about an hour at least once a week. Although garlic juice will kill off acne-causing bacteria, do not keep it for too long as it can aggravate sensitive skin.
6. Mix equal parts of milk cream and lemon juice and apply on your face. The lactic acid and citric acid in these two (respectively) help in lightening the scars.