New Delhi: Most people are known to overeat, especially when the food is irresistibly delicious. But hogging all that yummy food also gives one the problem of indigestion. Indigestion also known as dyspepsia occurs when the digestive juices in the stomach are not secreted properly and as a result causes one discomfort. Here are some remedies for digestion:
- Take two spoons of lime and ginger juice, and honey mixed in a glass of warm water.
- Add a teaspoon of roasted and ground coriander seeds to a glass of butter milk and have it.
- Munching a teaspoon of aniseed or having a teaspoon of ajwain seeds along with a pinch of black salt after your meal will provide relief.
- Mix a teaspoon of roasted cumin or jeera powder in a glass of water and drink it. Drinking a glass of water with a few drops of peppermint extract will also give you relief.
- Drink green tea or herbal tea
- Add about two teaspoons of coriander juice to a glass of buttermilk.
- Chewing on some fresh ginger slices with a pinch of salt before having a heavy meal will help stimulate the digestive juices.
- Place a packet of ice over your stomach to seek relief.
- Add about a teaspoon of baking soda to half a glass of water and drink it for instant relief.