Top 7 health benefits of beetroot juice
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Daily intake of beetroot juice can provide you with a variety of health benefits. It contains a host of nutritional compounds like magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium and calcium as well as small amounts of copper, selenium, zinc, iron and manganese. It can be consumed easily either cooked, or in salad or in the form of juice as one wishes too.
Here are a few health benefits of the wonder juice:
• A cup of beetroot juice helps reduce blood pressure level.
• Drinking a glass of beetroot juice daily actually aids blood flow to the brain and halt age-related ailments like dementia.
• It is an amazing antioxidant and helps prevent the formation of cancerous tumors.
• Beetroot juice detoxifies the liver and also cures diseases of the digestive system.
• Beetroot juice could energise the elderly to lead more active lives as it widens blood vessels and reduces the amount of oxygen needed by muscles during physical activity.
• It is a very good source of folic acid and hence helps in providing protection against birth defects.
• And last, but certainly not the least, beet juice lowers bad cholesterol level.