Top 7 health benefits of tomato
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tomatoes are an incredibly versatile food. They are often considered as a vegetable, though ideally they are a citrus fruit. They are a rich source of Vitamin C and help in increasing your immunity. Not just this, tomatoes also provide several other vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus and copper, all of which are necessary for good health. The best part is that they can be eaten either raw, in salads, sandwiches or in vegetables.
Here are a few health benefits of this wonder fruit.
- Tomatoes confer protection against high cholesterol, strokes, and heart disease.
- Tomatoes basically have an anti-ageing affect on our body as they contain antioxidant lycopene which is easily absorbed by our body thereby leaving you with a healthy skin and hair.
- Since tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants such as vitamin C and Vitamin A, these vitamins help in preventing DNA damage from free radicals.
- The vitamin K and calcium present in tomatoes help in building strong bones.
- Due to the presence of Lycopene, they are a natural source of fighting against several cancers, including prostate, cervical, stomach, colon, rectal, prostate and ovarian cancer.
- Tomatoes help in keeping blood sugar in balance.
- Consuming tomatoes can improve your vision.