National Health Portal needs to be introduced: Dinesh Trivedi
New Delhi: “An individual can’t gain self-respect without health and education”, said Dinesh Trivedi former Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare on Bharat Bhagya Vidhata`s show ‘Zara Hatke’. The show deliberated over the issue of health in India. Dinesh Trivedi discussed various aspects of health issues and shared his views for improving the health status in our country.
“Poor people lack health and education in India. Our country is capable of meeting the resource requirement but still our system isn’t able to cope up with the demands. The model of our health system is useless. We should adopt preventive measures as prevention is better than cure. Water management is utmost necessary in our country. We have ayurveda, unani, homeopath and other native medicines which are far better and useful in medical treatment. We just need to change our perspective”, said Trivedi while talking to anchor, Mimansa Malik.
When asked about the high medical expenditure and its effect on public, Trivedi said, “We need to build up a proper model. There isn’t any accountability of government hospitals. Awareness is required among the people. There is a lack of co-ordination. Our laws and processes are long and everlasting. We all need to be united and work for our society’s welfare; especially rural areas need more attention. Alike the Polio campaign we need to start a big campaign. Society should peacefully and democratically form a pressure group through which we can bring the change.”
“Audit should be conducted in private hospitals. And their license should be cancelled if they are not subsidizing the medical charges. Strict regulation is required in these hospitals. Private sector should be given management of hospitals and government should monitor them. There is a need of firm will-power to improve the health of India”, said Trivedi when inquired about the high fees charged by private hospitals.
When asked how doctors and drug companies could be stopped from being corrupt, Trivedi replied, “This turn out to be a question of social reform. Government need to replicate the model that Dr Devi Shetty and Dr Trehan have built, in which they are treating the poor effectively and efficiently. Medical insurance should be done and this money should be used in constructing medical colleges and hospitals. Also insurance premium should be kept low so that poor can also afford it and can live with dignity.”
“Corruption is the main problem with the government. There is a lack of commitment among the officers. We need to form a cadre and people with service value and promising nature should be a part of it. We need to move accompanying all and have to build up a strong foundation”, said Trivedi on the issue of building an affordable structure for health care.
On the query as to when the political parties would start taking the issue of health issue seriously, Trivedi said, “Governmental changes take place but system change doesn’t. All are involved in petty politics. There is a need of transparency in the system. National Health Portal needs to be introduced. Parameters of medical colleges should be widened.”
Offering a solution Trivedi said in conclusion, “Three points that can improve the present health condition of our country can be - Positivity and good intentions among the people of society, preventive care and motivating doctors and nurses, against corruption.”
(The show airs on Tuesday@10 pm)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo