Voices on Health

This week Bharat Bhagya Vidhata takes up the issue of health concerns that Indians face today, and here is what people had to say about it.

Last Updated: Aug 31, 2013, 14:18 PM IST

Zee Media Bureau

This week Bharat Bhagya Vidhata takes up the issue of health concerns that Indians face today, and here is what people had to say about it.

India comprises of 45% of healthy people, the remaining 55 % are unhealthy. The price hike in the country has forced people to adopt unhealthy ways of living. - Suleman Khan.

Hygiene maintenance can control the spread of diseases but it is hardly disposed properly. The Government fails to work practically. -Navin Sharma.

In my opinion if polio could be eradicated from the country, nutritional health of women and children and infant mortality rates could also be covered. We need to come up with something which automatically caters to all. -Jayanth Narayana.

BPL and poor families are the most affected, Government fails to reach them. -Nayag Singh.
We don’t think healthy, that’s why we are not healthy. Lack of awareness, education, doctors, constant shuffle of powers disturbs the management. -Pallavi Pathak.

People in India are healthy, but, the economy management is poor. Apart from this, I think the trend of fast foods has imbalanced the health status further. -Sanjay Tripathi.

The free flow of commodities like cigarettes and alcohol has further made India unhealthy. I think we should be like the Gulf countries and ban such goods. -Syed Nasir Hader.

People don’t understand the importance of hygiene and garbage disposal, and on the other hand the Government is careless. -Ankita Singh.

Compiled by: Shwetlana Tripathi