Black magic claims one precious life again: 10-year-old Bengaluru girl 'sacrificed' to 'cure' sick uncle

The Karnataka Police recently arrested four people from the Ramanagaram district in connection with the murder of a 10-year-old girl, who was sacrificed in a black magic ritual to cure her ailing uncle.

Black magic claims one precious life again: 10-year-old Bengaluru girl 'sacrificed' to 'cure' sick uncle

Magadi: The Karnataka Police recently arrested four people from the Ramanagaram district in connection with the murder of a 10-year-old girl, who was 'sacrificed' in a black magic ritual to 'cure' her ailing uncle.

According to media reports, Ayesha - a Class 4 student from the town of Magadi - was missing since February 28. The local police found her body stacked in a gunny bag hidden behind a mosque near Hosahalli on the outskirts of the city three days later, on March 3. 

Police, however, began probing the angle of human sacrifice after it recovered a lock of hair, turmeric and a lemon from the bag.

“The girl, Ayesha was brutally murdered as she had been sacrificed for a black magic ritual. We are probing all angles,” a Magadi police officer was quoted as saying.

Based on information given by Ayesha’s father Mohammed Nurulla Gulab, the police later arrested her uncle Mohammed Wasil (42) secretary of a local mosque in Bengaluru, Rasheedunissa (38), Naseem Taj (33), and a juvenile on charges of murdering her on March 1.

As per the reports, the girl’s relatives and her parents were involved in a dispute over property.

During interrogation, those arrested confessed to the murder. 

“Wasil (her uncle) hatched the murder plan after he was advised by Naseem Taj, a resident of Goripalya, who allegedly practiced black magic,” the police said. 

“Naseem Taj suggested that Wasil’s brother Mohammed Rafiq could be cured of paralytic stroke if a girl was sacrificed. She had suggested that Rafiq had been gripped by evil spirits and paralysed, and to be cured of this, he had to sacrifice a minor girl within 40 days,” the police added.

Following Naseem’s advice to sacrifice a girl, Wasil clicked a picture of Ayesha and sent it to Taj for her approval. After her approval, on March 1, when Ayesha was returning home from her father’s shop, Wasil and a local boy kidnapped her.

Further investigation into the matter revealed that the juvenile and Wasil were the last persons seen with Ayesha. Upon interrogation, Wasil confessed to the crime.

“The accused took her to a tomb on Hosahalli road and slit her throat after performing a ritual,” said Ramanagaram SP Ramesh Bannoth, The Hindu reported. 

The accused Wasil later lugged her body in a sack and dumped it behind a mosque.

While the family searched for the missing girl, Wasil also accompanied them. 

The police also said that Wasil had also accompanied the family to the police station to file a complaint.

Meanwhile, the residents of Magadi staged a roadblock demanding action against the accused uncle soon after the news about the horrific incident spread like a wildfire.