Bihar intermediate exam: 204 students expelled for cheating
A total of 204 examinees were expelled across the state for using unfair means in the intermediate examination on the second day on Wednesday.
Patna: A total of 204 examinees were expelled across the state for using unfair means in the intermediate examination on the second day on Wednesday.
Besides, three persons in Arwal and Gaya districts were arrested for allegedly impersonating as candidates, a statement issued by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) that conducts the examination said here.
Of the candidates barred from the rest of the examination, Bhojpur district accounted for the most (28), followed by Jehanabad (20) and Patna (16), the statement said.
The intermediate or state plus two examination had drawn nationwide condemnation last year following surfacing of 'toppers scam' in which Arts topper Ruby Roy had described her subject as "Prodikal science" in place of political science which, she had said, was related to cooking.
BSEB Chairman Anand Kishore tried to ensure cheating-free examination this time by spending the day making surprise visits to several centres where he himself frisked examinees.
Patna District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Aggarwal also visited some centres and frisked students.
The state plus two examination are being held at 1274 centres across Bihar and would end on February 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!