Major fire breaks out in Patna's GV Mall, all shops, gutted; BJP leader alleges Lalu's daughter owned a shop in building
The GV Mall had at least 30 shops, of which none could be saved.
Patna: A major fire broke out at a shopping mall in Patna on Saturday morning, destroying all the shops.
The mall had at least 30 shops, of which none could be saved, reported The Times of India.
There was no casualty.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi, meanwhile, in a tweet said that the GV Mall located at Boring Road roundabout was owned by the son of a Rashtriya Janata Dal MLA. He added that Rohini Acharya, the daughter of Lalu Prasad, had purchased an office at Rs 58 lakh in the building.
Eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flame.
The fire is believed to have been caused by a short circuit inside the AC plant, reported Hindustan Times.
A patrolling party from SK Puri police station spotted fire at around 4.45 am.
The Times of India reported that timely intervention of the firefighters stopped the fire from spreading out to surrounding buildings of the mall.
Here is the tweet made by Modi:
JV Mall of Praveen Yadav son Rjd Mla Shri Narayan gutted in fire.Rohini d/o Lalu 58 Lakh office in 2014 in this bldg.
— Sushil Kumar Modi (@SushilModi) May 20, 2017