Expressing concern for the passengers looted this morning in the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express, the Indian Railways has assured that the perpetrators would be nabbed at the earliest.
President Pranab Mukherjee will attend Mahatma Gandhi's Champaran Satyagrah's centenary celebrations later this month in Patna, where a host of events have been lined up to mark 100 years of the historic movement.
In a shocking incident, a dacoity case on Sunday was reported in Patna-Rajdhani Express near Buxar district of Bihar.
The Bihar government's decision to appoint political strategist Prashant Kishor as an advisor to Nitish Kumar got a thumbs up from the Supreme Court which said on Friday the chief minister is not an expert on all issues and can have person as an advisor on matters of public importance.
This will be the JD(U) president's maiden campaign in the national capital for the local polls and underlines the party's drift from Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP.
"The Chief Minister might have confidence in him and he might have worked with him. We can't interfere," NDTV quoted Chief Justice JS Khehar as saying.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Thursday urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to break his silence on the soil purchase scam involving family members of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Bihar Chief Secretary Anjani Kumar Singh on Thursday ordered a probe into alleged soil scam worth Rs 90 lakh involving Lalu Prasad Yadav's son and state Forest and Environment Minister Tej Pratap.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday laid emphasis on building good roads in rural areas and directed to conduct their quality check with the help of drones.
Pappu Yadav founded Jan Adhikar Party after being expelled from the Rashtriya Janata Dal.
Over 45,000 people have been arrested in a year in Bihar for violating the liquor prohibition law imposed by the Janata Dal-United government.
A Maoist was arrested and a cache of arms and ammunition recovered from the Banjama forest in this district, police said on Tuesday.
An incident of stone pelting has been reported from the district here after some miscreants on Tuesday tore up posters and flags of Ram Navami festivity.
Communal tension gripped a town in Bihar on Tuesday after religious posters were torn by anti-social elements a day ahead of the Ram Navmi festival on Tuesday.
Security forces have apprehended a suspected Maoist cadre and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition after an operation in Jamui district of Bihar
Five children drowned in a village pond in Bihar`s Kaimur district on Monday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday welcomed the Supreme Court's order banning the sale of liquor along national highways and efforts in different states in support of prohibition.
A "Mahagathbandhan" (Grand Alliance) of non-BJP parties is needed at the national level to defeat the BJP in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
Former JD-U legislator Suryadeo Singh has been arrested over a minor girl`s death when he opened fire in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
Stressing on the tense situation currently prevalent in Jammu and Kashmir after the strike called by the Hurriyat leaders, Janata Dal (United) on Sunday claimed that the need of the hour is for the state government to come to an understanding in order to facilitate changes in the state.
Seven illegal slaughterhouses have been sealed in Rohtas district of Bihar.
The Supreme Court granted on Friday time till May 31 to liquor manufacturers to remove their stock lying in Bihar where sale and consumption of all types of liquor have been banned.
An non-resident Indian man has been arrested for allegedly stealing a motorcycle and consuming liquor in the dry state of Bihar, police said on Thursday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday stressed on the need to set up a University Service Commission to expedite recruitment of teachers.
Based on the vision of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, the Nalanda International University came into existence on 25 November 2010 in Bihar's Nalanda district.
A student of the Nalanda International University here was today suspended on the charge of sexually harassing fellow students.
A ruling JD-U leader has directly blamed Bihar ministers from alliance partners RJD and Congress for not utilising funds in as many as 182 development schemes in the last fiscal.
BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi attended the dinner, while others including Leader of Opposition in the Bihar Assembly Prem Kumar and Nand Kishore Yadav gave it a miss.
Patna police on Monday arrested Madhepura MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav in a two-month case of creating law and order problem here.
While senior BJP leader Nand Kishore Yadav said no to dinner diplomacy, ex-deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi made it clear he will attend the dinner at CM's official residence.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans