Authorities have failed to provide them a polythene or plastic sheet. Their roof is the sky.
Bihar's Leader of Opposition Tejashwi Yadav on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the Rs 1,000 crore Srijan scam, in which government funds were transferred to private accounts between 2005 and 2013 when BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi was the Finance Minister.
A case has been registered against former Bihar deputy chief minister and Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Tejashwi Yadav for allegedly disrespecting national song 'Vande Mataram' in a tweet.
Days after he was removed as the Janata Dal (United) leader in the Rajya Sabha, Sharad Yadav on Wednesday challenged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to sack him from the party, said .GoNews
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) on Wednesday suffered yet another blow when party spokesperson Pragati Mehta joined its rival faction in the state assembly - the Janata Dal (United) (JD(U)).
The flood situation in Bihar continues to remain grim where 69.81 lakh people have been hit by inundation in 13 districts and 56 people have lost their lives.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi's convoy was on Tuesday attacked in Vaishali district of the state.
As many as 56 people have died due to floods in Bihar so far, Additional Secretary Disaster Management Department of Bihar Anirudh Kumar said on Tuesday.
More than 6.5 million people have been affected by floods in Bihar, that have claimed the lives of over 40 people so far, washed away thousands of huts, badly damaged buildings, roads, bridges and standing crops worth crores, officials said on Tuesday.
Sharad Yadav who has openly opposed the newly stitched alliance in Bihar said he was one of those who founded the party, and that he will not succumb to pressure and just quit.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today announced that eye banks will be set up in all the medical colleges of the state and at the super speciality eye hospital here by the year end.
During his visit to the national capita on Friday, Kumar had virtually shut the door on any reconciliation with Yadav, saying he is free to take any decision as the alliance with the BJP had the entire party's nod.
Senior BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Saturday sought a ban on consumption of tobacco products along with prohibiting liquor to protect people from dreaded diseases like cancer which a study says would be the greatest killer in the world by 2020.
Janata Dal-United rebel MP Ali Anwar Ansari, who was suspended from the parliamentary party for taking part in a meeting of opposition parties, on Saturday said the Sharad Yadav-led faction is the "real JD-U" and there was no question of leaving the party.
Bihar School Examination Board declared the Bihar Board BSEB class 12 compartmental result 2017 on August 12 (Saturday).
Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah has formally invited Nitish Kumar headed Janata Dal (United) to join the National Democratic Alliance.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah has formally invited Nitish Kumar headed Janata Dal (United) to join the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Rebel Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar Ansari, close to Sharad Yadav, was on Friday suspended the JD(U) parliamentary party for attending a meet of opposition parties.
In a shocking incident, at least thirty children lost their lives in the last 48 hours after the oxygen supply was disrupted at a government-run hospital at Bihar's Gorakhpur district.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday met Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah at latter's residence.
Mukesh Pandey, an IAS officer of the 2012 batch, took charge as District Magistrate of Buxar on August 3, 2017.
The body of a 11-year-old boy, who was abducted two days ago for ransom, was found in an orchard in Bihar`s Siwan district on Friday, triggering angry protests, police said.
After the boy`s body was found, hundreds of angry people blocked roads and demanded action against the police officer in-charge.
The top bureaucrat was recently appointed as the District Magistrate of Buxar.
The Janata Dal (United) on Wednesday distanced itself from Sharad Yadav`s Bihar visit.
A group of unidentified men on Thursday shot dead Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Kedar Rai while he was on his morning walk at the Sugna road.
Tejashwi Yadav appealed to people to stand up against forces which are working to create a divide in society and the country.
Bihar Minister Vinod Kumar Singh has sparked a fresh controversy by asking media persons to raise their arms and chant "Bharat Mata ki Jai".
In a significant development, the Janata Dal (United) on Tuesday sacked Gujarat General Secretary Arun Srivastava for alleged anti-party activities.
Leader of Opposition Tejashwi Yadav on Tuesday demanded from Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to let people know whether his new ally BJP will keep its pre-2015 assembly polls promise to distribute scooty to girls, laptop to students and colour TV to Dalit/Mahadalit families.
- Watch: Woman chants 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' at Srinagar's Lal Chowk
- 24-year old biker dies while speeding near Delhi's Mandi House
- SC orders NIA to investigate Kerala 'love jihad' case
- UP Govt mulls action against Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on I-Day
- J&K: LeT commander Ayub Lelhari gunned down in encounter in Pulwama
- Hurriyat funding probe: NIA conducts raids at 12 locations in J&K
- Caesarean deliveries on a rise at private hospitals in India
- Delhi HC on high alert after police receives bomb threat call
- This is what PM Modi said while addressing young entrepreneurs in Delhi
- Rohith Vemula was a troubled individual, didn’t commit suicide over Hyderabad Central University action: Inquiry Commission
- Petrol, diesel price on 17th August 2017: Check out the rates here city-wise
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar's impressive social drama is UNSTOPPABLE at Box Office
- Reward for locating 'missing' Sonia Gandhi: Posters emerge in Rae Bareli
- 81 lakh Aadhaar deactivated till date: Here's how to find out your status
- Trinamool Congress sweeps West Bengal civic polls; BJP wins 6 wards, CPI(M), Congress fail to open account
- China says not aware of Ladakh scuffle; asks India to withdraw troops from Doklam
- Caught on cam: Trinamool Congress MLA Swapan Kumar Beltharia beats vendor in West Bengal's Purulia — Watch
- 1984 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- Divyanka Tripathi fears having a daughter, questions Beti Bachao campaign
- Kapil Sharma makes Navjot Singh Sidhu unhappy but why?
- Kolkata: 23-year-old air hostess falls from third floor, dies
- Katrina Kaif celebrates ' 5 Year of Ek Tha Tiger' on Instagram but the pic is making us eager for 'Tiger Zinda Hai'!
- Shoaib Akhtar shares throwback moment with Shah Rukh Khan, calls him most humble man
- 'Love Jihad' case: SC orders NIA probe into Kerala girl’s conversion, marriage