The victim is the daughter of a former state minister, who is also from Congress.
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Sunday decided to begin digital evaluation of answer sheets of the ongoing Intermediate Examination to check anomalies during evaluation process.
RSS leader Indresh Kumar on Sunday attacked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad, saying both leaders have been doing vote-bank politics by supporting triple talaq and opposing a uniform civil code.
Bhojpuri movie star Ravi Kishan on Sunday joined BJP.
Former Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) MP and party strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin was on Sunday brought to Delhi from Patna, days after the Supreme Court ordered to shift him from Bihar's Siwan jail to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
Bhojpuri movie star Ravi Kishan is all set to join BJP.
Mohammad Shahabuddin, is a criminal turned politician and locally known as `Bahubali`. He faces 35 criminal cases including murder, extortion, kidnapping and has been convicted in seven.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said that four crore people took part in the human chain to support prohibition on January 21 while the target was only two crore.
Bihar is the first state to have such restrictions for officials and judges.
A total of 360 examinees, many of them girls, were expelled across the state for using unfair means in the Intermediate examination today.
A total of 204 examinees were expelled across the state for using unfair means in the intermediate examination on the second day on Wednesday.
Altogether 229 cartons of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) were seized from town police station area of Sitamarhi district today.
Chandrakeshwar Prasad, father of three brothers allegedly killed at the instance of mafia don-turned-politician Shahabuddin, and Asha Ranjan, wife of slain journalist Rajdeo Ranjan in Bihar`s Siwan district, have expressed happiness after the Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered that the RJD strongman be shifted from Siwan jail to Tihar Central Jail to ensure fair trial.
The Supreme Court said trial in the cases registered against Shahabuddin will be conducted through video conferencing from Tihar Jail.
Asha Ranjan had earlier filed a plea stating that free and fair trial against Shahabuddin was not possible if he remains lodged in the Bihar jail.
Several Bajrang Dal members on Tuesday brutally thrashed some couples in Bihar's Muzaffarpur in a protest against Valentine's Day.
Veteran politician and RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav recently sat on a chair meant for Bihar Chief Minister and his alliance partner Nitish Kumar during a public event in state capital.
The bench of Chief Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar, Justice N.V. Ramana and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud imposed the cost on Ravinder Singh.
Seven persons were killed while five others injured in a truck-auto collision on NH 77 near Bhikhanpur village in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district today.
The sting has come at a time when the state is rocked by a paper leak in the BSSC exam for recruitment of clerks in state jobs.
Passengers of the New Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express had a providential escape following timely detection of track damage between Mansi-Maheshkut stations, minutes before the train was to cross that stretch, Railway officials said today.
BSSC examination scheduled for Sunday has been cancelled.
Facing a crisis of space to house nearly 35,000 people arrested under new liquor law, the Bihar government is mulling capacity expansion of prisons to accommodate overflow of tipplers.
BSSC secretary Parmeshwar Ram has been detained by police in connection with Bihar Staff Selection Commission exam paper leak.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today lamented the absence of legislators in both Houses of the state assembly, particularly during the post-lunch sessions.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar avoided any direct answer to questions on the Uttar Pradesh elections.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said the Chief Secretary and DGP will probe the alleged paper leak in the clerk recruitment exam conducted by the BSSC.
A major accident was averted when a low intensity bomb exploded on the railway track in Bihar`s Buxar district, a railway official said.
A bomb blast took place on a railway track near Buxar station in Mughalsarai-Patna section in Bihar on Monday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar lent colour to a lotus sketched by an artist, creating a social media buzz on Sunday, with some seeing in it his "closeness" to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- Air pollution claims two Indian lives every minute: Study
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- Indian Premier League 10: Mohammad Azharuddin calls MS Dhoni's sacking as RPS captain a 'third-rate decision'
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- IPL 10 Auction: Gautam Gambhir highlights prime reason behind Ishant Sharma's failure to bag deal
- PSL 2017: Chris Gayle, Kumar Sangakkara refuse to play league final in Lahore due to security reasons