The family of CRPF trooper Abhay Kumar, who was killed in an ambush by Maoists in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, on Wednesday refused to accept Rs 5 lakh as compensation announced by the Bihar government.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar is drawing flak from various corridors over THIS video.
Union minister Upendra Kushwaha was today granted bail by a Bihar court in connection with a case relating to violation of the Model Code of Conduct during the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
Two bogies of Saharsa-Patna Rajya Rani Express today derailed at the railway station here, disrupting the rail traffic on Saharsa-Mansi and Saharsa-Madhepura sections for three hours.
Besides Bihar, JD-U claims strong grass-roots and organisational presence in Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Karnataka, and Kerala.
Expelled RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav was on Friday released from Beur jail here after 25 days following his arrest on March 27.
The PIL comes in the backdrop of a series of allegations levelled by senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi over land deals by Lalu Prasad's family.
Bachha Rai is the Secretary-cum Principal of Vishun Rai College in Vaishali district of Bihar
The Special Task Force (STF) has arrested an arms smuggler from Mufassil police station area in Bihar's Nawada district and recovered 10 country-made pistols from him, a police officer said on Wednesday.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said the revival of conspiracy charges in the Babri demolition case was a "well-planned political conspiracy" to keep L.K. Advani away from being nominated as the next President.
A Hindu Yuva Vahini activist was shot and seriously injured in Bihar's Siwan district, the police said on Wednesday.
BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday demanded confiscation of the alleged "benami properties" of RJD chief Lalu Prasad and his family, amassed through their shell business firms and sought legal actions against them.
BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Friday accused Bihar minister Tej Pratap Yadav with concealing ownership of a land in Aurangabad district in his election affidavit and annual assets declaration.
Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University (TMBU) is again making headlines for wrong reasons.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday flagged off "Gandhi rath" to spread the message of Mahatma Gandhi to the people.
The year-long celebrations to mark the 100th year of Mahatma Gandhi's first major resistance against the British rule, popularly known as the Champaran Satyagraha, began here on Monday.
A gang on Sunday morning at a gunpoint looted passengers of cash and valuables aboard the prestigious New Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express in Buxar district.
Expressing concern for the passengers looted this morning in the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express, the Indian Railways has assured that the perpetrators would be nabbed at the earliest.
President Pranab Mukherjee will attend Mahatma Gandhi's Champaran Satyagrah's centenary celebrations later this month in Patna, where a host of events have been lined up to mark 100 years of the historic movement.
In a shocking incident, a dacoity case on Sunday was reported in Patna-Rajdhani Express near Buxar district of Bihar.
The Bihar government's decision to appoint political strategist Prashant Kishor as an advisor to Nitish Kumar got a thumbs up from the Supreme Court which said on Friday the chief minister is not an expert on all issues and can have person as an advisor on matters of public importance.
This will be the JD(U) president's maiden campaign in the national capital for the local polls and underlines the party's drift from Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP.
"The Chief Minister might have confidence in him and he might have worked with him. We can't interfere," NDTV quoted Chief Justice JS Khehar as saying.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Thursday urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to break his silence on the soil purchase scam involving family members of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Bihar Chief Secretary Anjani Kumar Singh on Thursday ordered a probe into alleged soil scam worth Rs 90 lakh involving Lalu Prasad Yadav's son and state Forest and Environment Minister Tej Pratap.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday laid emphasis on building good roads in rural areas and directed to conduct their quality check with the help of drones.
Pappu Yadav founded Jan Adhikar Party after being expelled from the Rashtriya Janata Dal.
Over 45,000 people have been arrested in a year in Bihar for violating the liquor prohibition law imposed by the Janata Dal-United government.
A Maoist was arrested and a cache of arms and ammunition recovered from the Banjama forest in this district, police said on Tuesday.
An incident of stone pelting has been reported from the district here after some miscreants on Tuesday tore up posters and flags of Ram Navami festivity.
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP wins big, thanks Delhiites for faith in party
- Chhattisgarh: 25 CRPF soldiers martyred in Naxal attack in Sukma
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- Ground report: How Naxals attacked CRPF battallion in Sukma!
- Kashmir violence: Students boycott classes, throw stones on security forces
- MCD Election Results 2017: Role of Muslims in BJP's victory in Delhi
- Reason behind AAP losing MCD elections - Watch
- Watch: Triple talaq victim, national-level player Shumaila tells her harrowing tale to Zee News
- DNA: Comparison between Army and CRPF's preparation for different operations
- Anna Hazare slams Arvind Kejriwal, says there's difference between his action and words
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP headed for landslide win in Delhi
- Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar appointed new DG CRPF
- Exclusive: CRPF DIG reveals how soldiers are trained rigorously to fight against Naxals
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- MCD election results 2017: As it happened
- Baba Ramdev says 'I am safe and healthy, don't believe in any rumours'
- MCD polls: 34 MLAs want Arvind Kejriwal's resignation as Delhi CM if AAP loses?
- Arvind Kejriwal threatens to launch 'movement` if MCD exit poll results, predicting BJP victory, come true
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Armed forces' stores suspend sale
- HPBOSE 12th Result 2017, HP Board 12th Result 2017, Himachal Pradesh Class 12 Results 2017 expected to be announced today; check hpbose.org
- Why should I remove it, Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah on red beacon
- BJP wins NDMC Election by bagging 65 seats; AAP gets 22, Congress 13
- Harbhajan Singh accuses Jet Airways pilot of racism; airline apologises, derosters accused
- Spat between world's heaviest woman Eman's kin & doctors gets murkier, mother releases new video
- Bandh in Tamil Nadu today in support of drought-hit farmers; DMK, Congress back shutdown
- Monkey fever claims woman's life in Goa - What you need to know about this condition
- IPL 10: AB de Villiers' heartfelt message to RCB ahead of SRH clash - Watch Video
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' frenzy – Planning to book tickets? You might have to go through all this