Two motorcycle-borne assailants on Monday shot dead a cashier and security guard of a cash van in Bihar's Nalanda district and looted Rs 20 lakh from the van, police said.
Bihar Assembly today witnessed vociferous protest by NDA members demanding CBI probe into the paper leak scam in clerical grade examination of Bihar State Service Commission (BSSC).
The bureaucrats of Bihar have said that that they will not obey any verbal orders from anyone unless it is in writing, as per a media report.
Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development Upendra Kushwaha on Sunday criticised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said he was a curse for the state.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday stressed on the need for a national debate for a clean and pollution-free Ganga river.
A suspect in the 2002 terror attack on American Centre in Kolkata was arrested from Bihar's Gaya district, police said on Saturday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday observed the birth anniversary of his late wife and social worker Manju Sinha.
RJD President Lalu Prasad on friday sought to play down the political controversy triggered by his wife Rabri Devi's assertion that people of Bihar wanted to see their son Tejaswi Yadav as the chief minister.
Former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi on Friday did a U-turn and said there was no vacancy for the "CM post" for her son Tejaswi Yadav, as her successor Nitish Kumar will continue in the coveted post.
The paper was leaked on February 8, following which the exam was cancelled.
The victim is the daughter of a former state minister, who is also from Congress.
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Sunday decided to begin digital evaluation of answer sheets of the ongoing Intermediate Examination to check anomalies during evaluation process.
RSS leader Indresh Kumar on Sunday attacked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad, saying both leaders have been doing vote-bank politics by supporting triple talaq and opposing a uniform civil code.
Bhojpuri movie star Ravi Kishan on Sunday joined BJP.
Former Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) MP and party strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin was on Sunday brought to Delhi from Patna, days after the Supreme Court ordered to shift him from Bihar's Siwan jail to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
Bhojpuri movie star Ravi Kishan is all set to join BJP.
Mohammad Shahabuddin, is a criminal turned politician and locally known as `Bahubali`. He faces 35 criminal cases including murder, extortion, kidnapping and has been convicted in seven.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said that four crore people took part in the human chain to support prohibition on January 21 while the target was only two crore.
Bihar is the first state to have such restrictions for officials and judges.
A total of 360 examinees, many of them girls, were expelled across the state for using unfair means in the Intermediate examination today.
A total of 204 examinees were expelled across the state for using unfair means in the intermediate examination on the second day on Wednesday.
Altogether 229 cartons of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) were seized from town police station area of Sitamarhi district today.
Chandrakeshwar Prasad, father of three brothers allegedly killed at the instance of mafia don-turned-politician Shahabuddin, and Asha Ranjan, wife of slain journalist Rajdeo Ranjan in Bihar`s Siwan district, have expressed happiness after the Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered that the RJD strongman be shifted from Siwan jail to Tihar Central Jail to ensure fair trial.
The Supreme Court said trial in the cases registered against Shahabuddin will be conducted through video conferencing from Tihar Jail.
Asha Ranjan had earlier filed a plea stating that free and fair trial against Shahabuddin was not possible if he remains lodged in the Bihar jail.
Several Bajrang Dal members on Tuesday brutally thrashed some couples in Bihar's Muzaffarpur in a protest against Valentine's Day.
Veteran politician and RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav recently sat on a chair meant for Bihar Chief Minister and his alliance partner Nitish Kumar during a public event in state capital.
The bench of Chief Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar, Justice N.V. Ramana and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud imposed the cost on Ravinder Singh.
Seven persons were killed while five others injured in a truck-auto collision on NH 77 near Bhikhanpur village in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district today.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- DNA: Indian soldiers shown as superheroes in comic series
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Are our soldiers upset over the anti-national atmosphere in the country?
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- DNA: Today in History | February 27, 2017
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Is it right to support someone who doesn't support the nation? Asks Babita Phogat
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- 'India needs to acknowledge its asymmetry with China'
- Bank employees to go on nationwide strike on Tuesday
- World Bank CEO travels in Mumbai local train from Churchgate to Dadar – Pics inside
- Gurmehar Kaur withdraws from AISA march, says `I've shown enough courage`
- Kerala boy Hafiz who left home to join ISIS killed in drone strike in Afghanistan