Two officials of a private construction company were shot dead in Bihar`s Saran district by unidentified gunmen, police said on Friday.
Union Minister and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan, who was admitted to the ICU of a hospital here late last evening after he complained of breathlessness, is stable now, doctors attending on him said today.
Police today arrested two naxalites from a place near Phulwaria reservoir in Bihar's Nawada district.
A CISF jawan allegedly opened fire on his colleagues, killing four of them at their unit at a thermal power station in Aurangabad district of Bihar on Thursday.
Former Bihar Chief Minister and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad will receive pension of Rs 10,000 per month under the JP Senani Samman Pension Scheme for having served a jail term in the 1970s to oppose the Emergency, an official said on Wednesday.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) a major constituent of Bihar`s ruling Grand Alliance, on Tuesday decided to support and join Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s proposed human chain to raise awareness about the liquor prohibition issue in the state.
BJP president Amit Shah on Tuesday prayed at the Takht Sri Harmandir Sahib, the birthplace of the 10th Sikh Guru, Gobind Singh.
Janata Dal (United) leader Mukesh Singh was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Barh, Patna, on Sunday.
With the arrest of six persons, Patna police has busted a sex racket which was being run in a rented flat.
A large number of Muslims today took out a procession here to demand reservation for the community in Government jobs, education and other sectors.
RJD vice president Raghuvansh Prasad Singh voiced the party's grievance.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi offered prayers, served during the "langar", and also issued a postal stamp of Guru Gobind Singh.
“Guru Gobind Singh ji's entire life was devoted to serving people and fighting for values of truth, justice and compassion,” the PM said in a tweet message.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Thursday arrive in Patna to participate in the Prakash Parva being organised to commemorate 350th birth anniversary of Guru Govind Singh Ji Maharaj.
Brother of a JD(U) MLA, along with two others, was named in a FIR on Wednesday lodged in connection with the alleged murder of journalist Braj Kumar Singh at Salkhani village here in the district.
Guru Gobind Singh was born on December 22, 1666, to ninth Sikh master, Guru Tegh Bahadur, and Mata Gujri.
In yet another incident of murder in Bihar, a journalist was shot dead on Tuesday in Bihar's Samastipur.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday took potshots at RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, saying that he must be scared of his sons fearing coup by them against his leadership on the lines of what UP CM Akhilesh Yadav did to his father and SP patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar also owns cows and calves just as Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad and his wife Rabri Devi do, officials said on Monday.
The Bihar Government on Monday moved the Supreme Court seeking transfer of plea against liquor ban legislation from the Patna High Court.
Two persons, including an elderly Mahadalit man, were allegedly hacked to death today by members of rival group in a village under Bhargama police station area in Bihar's Araria district, police said.
According to RJD leaders close to Lalu, he was already trying to reconcile the father-son duo after SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav expelled his son.
Sources said the prisoners scaled the wall of the jail and escaped.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was on Wednesday praised by the Dalai Lama for the prohibition in the state.
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama offered a special prayer at Budha Smriti park here after participating in a tree plantation drive on Wednesday, officials said.
In a major development, the Bihar Cabinet on Tuesday announced 50 per cent reservation for members of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes and minorities in the judicial services in the state.
Communal tension has gripped a village in Bihar's Vaishali district on Thursday.
The Bihar police on Wednesday seized 395 cartons of alcohol hidden beneath the sacks of salt in a truck coming from Haryana in Rohtas district.
Son of a ruling JD(U) member of State Legislative Council Dinesh Singh was on Wednesday booked in a case of murder of a worker in Fatehpur village of Bihar's Muzaffarpur district.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday claimed that there was a "trust deficit" among the constituents of Bihar's ruling grand alliance over issues like demonetisation and their prime ministerial candidate for the 2019 Lok Sabha polls and it has hit governance in the state.
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- DNA: Today in History | February 20, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- DNA: Analysis of the danger and threat to human life due to air pollution
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- Lasith Malinga vs Travis Head: IPL preview in Australia — WATCH
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni travelled in train with Jharkhand teammates