Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday claimed that there was a "trust deficit" among the constituents of Bihar's ruling grand alliance over issues like demonetisation and their prime ministerial candidate for the 2019 Lok Sabha polls and it has hit governance in the state.
Two women in Bihar died after consuming poisonous tea as six continue to battle for their lives in Kaimur district, police on Tuesday said.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on Monday made a big statement in connection with donations to political parties.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday mourned the death of soldier Shashikant Pandey who was killed in a terror attack at Pampore in Jammu and Kashmir.
The senior BJP leader also dismissed Kumar's assertion that China surged ahead after shunning opium and asked him "is there prohibition in China and other developed countries".
Bihar Police on Saturday seized at least 155 cartons of IMFL illegally traded from Haryana in a cash van bearing the sticker of a nationalised bank.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has expressed concern over trade of liquor from a far off state like Haryana into the state and instructed police to unearth the network.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has extended support to the reservation stir of the Patels in Gujarat and agreed to attend a gathering of the community in the Saurashtra region on January 28, Patel community leader Hardik Patel said on Tuesday.
Diwakar Prasad, an accused in Bihar topper scam, was found dead on Thursday.
In a stepped-up campaign in favour of prohibition, the Patna Police nabbed 14 persons including a big liquor suppliers last night, a police statement said on Thursday.
Alcohol, spiced, domestic liquor as well as IMFL have been completely banned in Bihar since April 5, 2016.
Pinning hopes on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's demonetisation move, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday termed it as a drastic step.
Lalu Prasad had tweeted his pictures with Yoga guru Ramdev yesterday.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Friday heaped praise on Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav.
The Supreme Court on Thursday deferred its hearing till December 6 on the plea seeking shifting RJD strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan jail in Bihar to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
Both the new appointees are Members of Parliament.
Over 82 per cent victims of domestic violence in Bihar remain dissatisfied with redress services provided by relevant institutions such as helplines, police stations, NGOs in the state, a study has found.
The Bihar government on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that it is not "averse" to shifting of Shahabuddin from Siwan jail to Tihar prison.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in either of the House.
Lalu Prasad's RJD members demanded the Prime Minister to fulfill his "poll promise of providing Rs 15 lakh each in the bank accounts of people by bringing black money from outside."
With the political pot on the boil in Bihar since Chief Minister Nitish Kumar supported the Centre's demonetisation move despite protests by allies, BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday asked him to review ties with RJD and Congress and said his party would consider any proposal of realignment from JD(U).
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has supported the Centre's demonetisation move despite protests by allies.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear the plea regarding shifting RJD strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan jail in Bihar to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan today said he will welcome Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar into the NDA and claimed that the JD(U) chief was apprehensive that his ally Lalu Prasad of the RJD would weaken his party.
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday hear a plea for transferring Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan district jail to Tihar Central Jail and his trial in Delhi, the apex court said on Monday.
The police is already on the job to probe the illegal liquor trade network from a far away place like Haryana, said Nitish.
Nalanda University is located in the Buddhist pilgrim town of Rajgir in Nalanda district.
Bihar BJP President Mangal Pandey on Thursday advised actor-turned MP Shatrughan Sinha to join the Congress.
The Supreme Court on Thursday cancelled the bail of Rashtriya Janata Dal MLA Rajballav Yadav accused of raping a minor girl.
Suspended RJD MLA Raj Ballabh Yadav had allegedly raped a minor girl at his residence in Biharsharif on February 6 this year.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- DNA: Is it now possible to erase bad memories?
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After being snubbed at IPL 2017 auction, Irfan Pathan named skipper of Baroda
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers