The year-long celebrations to mark the 100th year of Mahatma Gandhi's first major resistance against the British rule, popularly known as the Champaran Satyagraha, began here on Monday.
A gang on Sunday morning at a gunpoint looted passengers of cash and valuables aboard the prestigious New Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express in Buxar district.
Expressing concern for the passengers looted this morning in the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express, the Indian Railways has assured that the perpetrators would be nabbed at the earliest.
President Pranab Mukherjee will attend Mahatma Gandhi's Champaran Satyagrah's centenary celebrations later this month in Patna, where a host of events have been lined up to mark 100 years of the historic movement.
In a shocking incident, a dacoity case on Sunday was reported in Patna-Rajdhani Express near Buxar district of Bihar.
The Bihar government's decision to appoint political strategist Prashant Kishor as an advisor to Nitish Kumar got a thumbs up from the Supreme Court which said on Friday the chief minister is not an expert on all issues and can have person as an advisor on matters of public importance.
This will be the JD(U) president's maiden campaign in the national capital for the local polls and underlines the party's drift from Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP.
"The Chief Minister might have confidence in him and he might have worked with him. We can't interfere," NDTV quoted Chief Justice JS Khehar as saying.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Thursday urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to break his silence on the soil purchase scam involving family members of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Bihar Chief Secretary Anjani Kumar Singh on Thursday ordered a probe into alleged soil scam worth Rs 90 lakh involving Lalu Prasad Yadav's son and state Forest and Environment Minister Tej Pratap.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday laid emphasis on building good roads in rural areas and directed to conduct their quality check with the help of drones.
Pappu Yadav founded Jan Adhikar Party after being expelled from the Rashtriya Janata Dal.
Over 45,000 people have been arrested in a year in Bihar for violating the liquor prohibition law imposed by the Janata Dal-United government.
A Maoist was arrested and a cache of arms and ammunition recovered from the Banjama forest in this district, police said on Tuesday.
An incident of stone pelting has been reported from the district here after some miscreants on Tuesday tore up posters and flags of Ram Navami festivity.
Communal tension gripped a town in Bihar on Tuesday after religious posters were torn by anti-social elements a day ahead of the Ram Navmi festival on Tuesday.
Security forces have apprehended a suspected Maoist cadre and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition after an operation in Jamui district of Bihar
Five children drowned in a village pond in Bihar`s Kaimur district on Monday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday welcomed the Supreme Court's order banning the sale of liquor along national highways and efforts in different states in support of prohibition.
A "Mahagathbandhan" (Grand Alliance) of non-BJP parties is needed at the national level to defeat the BJP in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
Former JD-U legislator Suryadeo Singh has been arrested over a minor girl`s death when he opened fire in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
Stressing on the tense situation currently prevalent in Jammu and Kashmir after the strike called by the Hurriyat leaders, Janata Dal (United) on Sunday claimed that the need of the hour is for the state government to come to an understanding in order to facilitate changes in the state.
Seven illegal slaughterhouses have been sealed in Rohtas district of Bihar.
The Supreme Court granted on Friday time till May 31 to liquor manufacturers to remove their stock lying in Bihar where sale and consumption of all types of liquor have been banned.
An non-resident Indian man has been arrested for allegedly stealing a motorcycle and consuming liquor in the dry state of Bihar, police said on Thursday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday stressed on the need to set up a University Service Commission to expedite recruitment of teachers.
Based on the vision of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, the Nalanda International University came into existence on 25 November 2010 in Bihar's Nalanda district.
A student of the Nalanda International University here was today suspended on the charge of sexually harassing fellow students.
A ruling JD-U leader has directly blamed Bihar ministers from alliance partners RJD and Congress for not utilising funds in as many as 182 development schemes in the last fiscal.
BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi attended the dinner, while others including Leader of Opposition in the Bihar Assembly Prem Kumar and Nand Kishore Yadav gave it a miss.
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- China blocks Kailash Mansarovar yatra entry via Nathu La
- DNA: Know why China is worried about India-US friendship
- Exclusive: In conversation with Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister
- Presidential Election: Meira Kumar thanks Opposition parties for support
- Yogi Adityanath completes 100 days as Uttar Pradesh CM
- Indo-US drone deal cleared: Will it give India an edge over China, Pakistan?
- DNA: US designates Pak-based Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin as global terrorist
- Cabinet approves disinvestment of Air India: Arun Jaitley
- Terror funding: 3 Hurriyat leaders arrested in Srinagar
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court
- Azam Khan's another shocker: `Lady terrorists chopped off parts of Indian Army soldiers to take revenge for rape` - Watch
- Dutch PM's Hindi tweet to Narendra Modi has evoked funny reactions on Twitter – know why
- JD(U) slams Congress for 'unwarranted' attack on Nitish Kumar, calls BJP 'natural ally'
- India's 6th 'eye in the sky', ISRO's Cartosat -2 series satellite, sends first images back to Earth
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances today, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- 'India-US alliance to check China's rise will be catastrophic'
- Sachin Tendulkar steps in to convince 'apprehensive' Ravi Shastri for India coach job: Report
- 'Pakistan banks sent funds to UAE to finance 9/11, 26/11 terror attacks'
- Rahul Dravid to end his association with the Indian Premier League: Report
- Meghalaya woman, donning khasi attire, asked to leave Delhi Golf Club for wearing 'maid's dress'