Bihar police on Sunday seized a consignment of foreign liquor being smuggled to Nepal and arrested a man in this connection from Shahpur police outpost in Nawada district.
The RJD on Sunday termed it as doctored and accused the channel for propagating the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) agenda.
The Jharkhand High Court had earlier dropped the charges against Yadav, prompting the CBI to petition the apex court against the verdict.
A day after an audiotape of a conversation between Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav and his party's jailed leader Mohammad Shahabuddin, was made public, the political outfit on Sunday dubbed the tape as doctored, while its ally Janata Dal (United) said that it was an attempt to destabilize the government of Bihar.
Lalu was also heard taking instructions from Shahabuddin over riots.
Sushil Kumar Modi on Saturday sought a report from the Director General of Police P K Thakur and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar over the purported conversation between Lalu Prasad Yadav and jailed don Shahabuddin.
After an English news channel played a recorded conversation into the working relationship between Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav and criminal-turned-politician Mohammad Shahabuddin, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday described it as a 'saddening day of democracy' in Bihar.
Lalu who had asked the RJD workers to tie their old cattle in front of the houses of RSS and BJP leaders to expose their fake love for cows to gain votes.
Senior Bihar BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Friday accused state health minister Tej Pratap Yadav of being illegally alloted a petrol pump here.
At a time when hate crimes are increasing, a Muslim family has donated their land for the upgradation of a temple in Bihar's Gopalganj district.
With the rats running riot, the state police headquarters has ordered a probe.
Two office-bearers of the Bihar Police Men's Association (BPMA) have been arrested for violating theban on liquor in the state, police said on Thursday.
Heavily-armed Maoists attacked a 99-member Central Reserve Police Force unit, providing security to a road construction team, on April 24 afternoon, killing 25 and injuring six troopers.
Controversial MP on Wednesday urged Maoists to kill political leaders instead of security personnel, saying the former "looted" the country while the latter provided it security.
Former Bihar chief minister and RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav has threatened to form a grand alliance to stop the ‘saffron brigade’ in the next Lok Sabha elections.
RJD president Lalu Prasad today appealed to the non-BJP parties to "sink their differences" and come together like the Grand Alliance in Bihar to defeat the saffron party in the next Lok Sabha polls.
A JD(U) MP escaped unhurt when antisocials exploded a bomb outside her residence in Bhagalpur and one person has been arrested in this connection, the police said.
Three school students were injured in a Bihar school when firecrackers lying in a rubbish heap in the school campus exploded on Saturday morning.
Independent MLA Anant Singh from Mokama constituency in Patna district, is currently in Beur jail in Patna.
In a rare incident, a bride in Bihar's Samastipur district refused to marry a dark complexioned groom, saying he was unsuitable for her, a police official said on Thursday.
The family of CRPF trooper Abhay Kumar, who was killed in an ambush by Maoists in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, on Wednesday refused to accept Rs 5 lakh as compensation announced by the Bihar government.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar is drawing flak from various corridors over THIS video.
Union minister Upendra Kushwaha was today granted bail by a Bihar court in connection with a case relating to violation of the Model Code of Conduct during the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
Two bogies of Saharsa-Patna Rajya Rani Express today derailed at the railway station here, disrupting the rail traffic on Saharsa-Mansi and Saharsa-Madhepura sections for three hours.
Besides Bihar, JD-U claims strong grass-roots and organisational presence in Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Karnataka, and Kerala.
Expelled RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav was on Friday released from Beur jail here after 25 days following his arrest on March 27.
The PIL comes in the backdrop of a series of allegations levelled by senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi over land deals by Lalu Prasad's family.
Bachha Rai is the Secretary-cum Principal of Vishun Rai College in Vaishali district of Bihar
The Special Task Force (STF) has arrested an arms smuggler from Mufassil police station area in Bihar's Nawada district and recovered 10 country-made pistols from him, a police officer said on Wednesday.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said the revival of conspiracy charges in the Babri demolition case was a "well-planned political conspiracy" to keep L.K. Advani away from being nominated as the next President.
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- After demitting Rashtrapati Bhavan, Pranab Mukherjee to occupy heritage bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA