The epic tragedy that Air India has become, it needs to shut down immediately. There is no other way and gravy train of pilots, politicians and bureaucrats subsidised by us- the milch cow (the taxpayer) has to end.
Air India pilots are past masters at blackmail and the only fat cats in the world who have gouged out a deal where they have the misleadingly named performance-linked incentive which actually rewards them for flying less. Imagine an incentive to work less. Wouldn't we all love it?
Unfortunately it only happens in Air India. The airline indiscriminately upgrades all politicians and government officials to their otherwise empty first class after they buy the basic economy ticket.
The two politicians and bureaucrats have turned in to the new freedom fighters - they fight for everything to be free for them and their cronies do not want this flight to be aborted.
But, enough is enough, the industry average of support staff working on any aircraft is below 200 Air India has around 600 - people who do no work and are paid a tax payer subsidised salary.
Every Aviation Minister has systematically looted the airline but the murder of the Maharaja has to be laid at the hands of Praful Patel who presided over the ill-judged merger of Air India with Indian Airlines – the domestic carrier was, at one point, doing well and flying more international flights than Air India. In his zeal to help his numerous fat cat private airline owners and, off-course, buy aircraft, Patel systematically wrecked the Indian flag carrier.
And, who suffers? People pay upwards of Rs 5000 to fly, at times of emergencies.
And, the next time you writhe in pain at paying these usurious charges, do remember that the UPA government has allowed the private airport companies to charge the highest landing fees in the world to favoured companies. The airlines pass it on to us the real mugs.
If Air India is not running on commercial considerations then why should we pay for it?
Euthanasia is the only answer.
RIP Air India.
comments powered by Disqus
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to bear expenses of Sukma martyrs' children
- UP special task force seals 7 petrol pumps in Lucknow
- Are the youth in Kashmir forced to join terror forces? Terrorist bears all
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja rocket throw shocks Virat Kohli's RCB, sends dangerous AB de Villiers back — MUST WATCH
- Rajasthan: THIS wedding card is crashing Internet and PM Narendra Modi will be pleased
- Did Eman's sister ignore doctors' advice? Cops called in after Shaimaa feeds world's heaviest woman water
- Is Dawood Ibrahim dead? Chhota Shakeel reveals about underworld don's health