Boycott these Games. Make Kalmadi and Dikshit pay
Sheila Dikshit and Suresh Kalmadi - between the two, they have managed to sack my Delhi worse than even Nadir Shah.
Brand India has become a metaphor for shoddiness and band-aid. A delighted world chuckles as the UPA government makes dog poo an international hallmark for Delhi and our standards.
I just want to ask my fellow Delhi lovers to boycott these games.
The government, which came in talking about the Aam Aadmi, has the sheer effrontery displayed by the elected CM of Delhi Mrs Dikshit, who now in her embarrassingly insensitive utterances, seems to have made Lady Gaga her role-model.
Witness also Mr Suresh Kalmadi, the man who makes Mohammed Shah Rangeela look efficient, still go on inspections to the dog-pooh laden village in his Mercedes Benz.
When he actually thinks he is slumming it out he switches to his new Audi. And, we the long suffering milch cows aka the tax-payers are actually funding this obscene excrescence of the afore-mentioned CWG.
I asked Kalmadi why he was called the sports mafia of India well before this entire grave-yard of skeletons came tumbling out on his beautifully maintained lawns, which by the way is in sharp contrast to the ruin that he has turned Delhi.
Kalmadi was unfazed at the question. He said that I was the first person who had ever said this to him. I then prodded if he was inspired by the Godfather. Squirming a bit and looking around for an aide to bail him out, he said no.
This man, who has turned sport in India into his private pasture, had referred to India’s only Olympic gold medallist repeatedly as Avinash.
Abhinav Bindra was not amused. And, neither should we be.
Boycott these games. Remember these people and make them pay a price during the next elections.
Politicians in private chat, unburdening themselves, privately mock the voter. Their best defence is that we Indians have no institutional or historical memory.
They loot secure in the belief that after a temporary irate outrage we will be lulled back in to slumber and they can continue leaching the life-blood out of India.
While they rock themselves in the cradle of corruption, remember democracy is a covenant and we are equally guilty. Sure we do not have the fancy cars, the three acre Luyten’s bungalows and the bank accounts, but what about the sin of intellectual corruption.
They know it’s a partnership. And, snug in it they do not even bother to offer us a pacifier to keep us quiet. We on the other-hand uncared for resort to trusty and rusted truisms such as Dr Mammohan Singh is an honest man, Mrs Sonia Gandhi and Mr Rahul Gandhi do care.
Then what are they presiding over? This house of cards with a deck stacked with A Raja (loot count according to the CBI Rs 60,000 crores) Sharad Pawar (IPL scam, highest inflation in the history of India, endemic food shortages) and of course a Kashmir on the verge of complete nihilism, a Maoist scar on the heartland of India and the duo of Kalmadi and Dikshit.
Remember, we are the Aam Admi and not the Mango people so memorably coined by Imtiaz Ali. And make sure they remember your fury come election time.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why was Kulbhushan Jadhav denied councillor access by Pakistan?
- BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha praises Arvind Kejriwal on Twitter
- Terrifying moment - Video shows girl grabbed, dragged into water by sea lion
- Four terrorists gunned down, three soldiers martyred during encounter in J&K's Nowgam sector
- Watch - Essel Group completes 90 years, DSC foundation for budding entrepreneurs launched
- Instead of tying stone pelter on army jeep tie Arundhati Roy, tweets BJP MP Paresh Rawal; sparks row
- IPL 2017 Final, Rising Pune Supergiant vs Mumbai Indians — As it happened...
- Prabhas’ ‘Baahubali 2’ becomes highest grosser Hindi movie! Check out Box Office report
- WATCH: Sleepy-head Rohit Sharma WAKES UP to find Pune players mauling Mumbai in final
- Samajwadi Party leader Sumer Singh shot dead in Uttar Pradesh's Ballia