CONGRESS PRIMER - attack the Constitution, get a promotion
For a party once led by giants, the Congress` attacks on constitutional institutions such as the CAG and the EC are sad. And, the rewards doled out by Congress president Mrs Sonia Gandhi to the storm troopers - repeat offender Mr Manish Tewari gets a ministry, Salman Khurshid, who wanted to shed his blood for Robert Vadra and in his earlier avatar as law minister systematically tried to undermine the EC and repeatedly attacked the upright CEC Dr SY Quraishi, gets a promotion to the foreign office for his efforts.
And, now you have a situation where having figured out a way to Madam`s heart there is competitive attacks on the CAG from all trusty congressmen.
Doesn`t the Congress Party understand that quibbling over the quantum of the loss does not take away from the 2G scam and attacks on functionaries who cannot hit back is rather dimwitted.
Apparently not, for now, the attacks continue so you have the master of conspiracy theories Rahul Gandhi`s own personal megaphone Digvijaya Singh muttering darkly about the CAG`s political ambitions. Does that take away from the fact that A Raja and Kanimozhi and a bunch of telecom executives were sent to jail by the Supreme Court?
Congress insiders say that the ground is being prepared to bail out Kanimozhi from the telecom scam as it is Karunanidhi`s pre-condition for supporting FDI in retail.
The Congress Party is a cynical past master at such deals but the country should certainly baulk at cherished and time tested constitutional bodies being sacrificed for the survival of the Congress in power.
comments powered by Disqus
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan