As Gautama Buddha said: We are travellers on a cosmic journey – stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity.
The reverberating drum beats are symbolic of progress. The steady steps towards a goal. Of the female deity’s journey earthwards. And our aspired spiritual flight. A traverse to meet to Shakti…. The epitome of power and peace.
When the mind meets matter; there is a dance of dynamic energies.
Weariness of mundane thoughts and struggles cease; there is ecstatic eruption of joy.
Even if the lofty goals of bliss are unachievable for us - the more ordinary, there is reason to rejoice.
In the nation of naysayers, the festive season is a positive sentiment. That binds with the bond of celebration.
As a child I witnessed with fascinated eyes, the enactment of mythology. The victory of good over evil. It was more like a compelling story than a sermon of righteousness.
The great clapping and the burst of crackers. The demolition of the villain, who is consumed by licking flames.
The toys that we carried home. The wooden bows and arrows. And the clay temples. Those emblematic possessions which we guarded with honour.
And as adults the Puja pandals hold a warm welcome. The decorated Goddess. Fierce, compassionate, bejewelled, benevolent and blessed.
Cultural gaiety and piety mix with splendor. For a moment the struggle of daily lives is forgotten.
The fasting and the feasting. The mélange of the opposites.
Life is a fete. Love it and live it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured