Nobody on earth is without sin. It’s a fact that sin has become a way of life, but God loves us so much that he sent his begotten son Jesus Christ to save us and give us a new life through him.
We human beings persist to indulge in wicked habits despite swearing against committing the same old mistakes yet again. Still, we are so fortunate that our God, who is forgiving, faithful, righteous and full of compassion, never forgets us. Instead, He loves sinners, even the vilest of offenders, even though he hates sins. He will surely absolve us if we confess our sins.
Easter has a special significance to me in various degrees. Each year, I anxiously wait for this day to restore my relationship with God. Because, this is the day Lord Jesus Christ conquered death, hell and the grave for us. And, I ask Jesus to cleanse all my iniquities with his precious blood on this day, the resurrection day.
It doesn’t mean that we must repent from sins and turn to God only on this day, but, it’s just that the day has a deeper impact on me. I believe Easter is a time of new hope, new life and forgiveness. Oh! What a blessed day- it was on this day that I was baptized as God’s loving and special child.
He never forsakes us no matter how unfaithful we are. Nevertheless, Jesus is always ready to exonerate us even as we continue living in the shade of wilderness. However, Romans 6:1 & 2 say…’’ Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more kindness and forgivingness? Absolutely not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it”? Yes, our God is approachable, knowable, forgiving, honest and capable. But the availability of God’s mercy must not become an excuse for careless living and moral laxness.
Jesus said that we must repent for our sins in order to receive God’s forgiveness, but just repenting for our sins alone will not gain God’s forgiveness. The only way we gain forgiveness for sins is when we accept our repentance by faith.
Romans 5:8-9 says, ‘’But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him’’.
Also, Ephesians 1:7, “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace’’.
1 John 1:7 “The blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin’’.
Mark 16:16 ‘’He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved’’.
We do not have to pay any price or offer anything for God’s forgiveness, but it’s a legacy from our Almighty father for those who embrace the path of righteousness.
Ephesians 2:8 tells us “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God’’.
With Easter falling in the spring season, it gives a perfect moment to renew our soul, perhaps the spectacular scenery of nature and fresh flowers embark on their first bloom and the green planet begins to return to life after its winter snooze. Hence, I pray and wish each one of us have a forgiving and a blessed Easter this year.
comments powered by Disqus
- Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Kashmir
- Man brutally beaten to death by woman in Ghaziabad for obscene phone calls
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- CBSE Class XII results: Amity International School, Noida's Raksha Gopal tops with 99.6%
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Idea Data Jackpot Offer: Get 10 GB monthly data for 3 months at just Rs 100