He is caught in a time-warp, too simple, maybe suffering from senile dementia they whispered conspiratorially, those wise men of the Congress party. Insufferably smug, radiating arrogance, those too clever by half leaders are so sharp, they have managed to inflict a mortal wound on the UPA government, the Congress party and much more importantly, the country.
They were arrested by Anna - a man whose essence is and remains his simplicity. Now brought down from their pedestals, the familiar cry has gone out. Superman aka Super Heir Rahul Gandhi overruled the government and ordered Anna's release. Do they realize how ludicrous it sounds that the heir apparent is forever tilting at the windmills of his own government and more! If he ever becomes the PM, the fervid dream of the party, will he continue this middle-aged rebel to oppose his own government?
Every time a decision of the government is overturned, the institutional damage is incredible. Are we now living in the last days of the Mughuls where the imperial edict ran for half a kilometre. Incredible flip flops happen, trusty foe turned best friend of Dr Manmohan Singh, the USA is now being blamed.
The government unleashes mafia spokesman to hurl invectives on Anna and then capitulates, all in the space of 24 and a half hours.
Did these clever men realize the incredible symbolism of incarcerating a frail 74-year old Gandhian following Independence Day in Tihar Jail with the likes of their fellow travellers such as former Cabinet minister, A Raja, daughter heir, Kanimozhi, Congress MP and sports czar of India, Suresh Kalmadi.
And, they are surprised at the outrage of ordinary people as a steadfast Anna prevails like Arjun never wavering from his target - a corruption free India.
The Congress party is also an Arjun, except it is so clever that it unleashes arrows that turn in to boomerangs.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown