He is caught in a time-warp, too simple, maybe suffering from senile dementia they whispered conspiratorially, those wise men of the Congress party. Insufferably smug, radiating arrogance, those too clever by half leaders are so sharp, they have managed to inflict a mortal wound on the UPA government, the Congress party and much more importantly, the country.
They were arrested by Anna - a man whose essence is and remains his simplicity. Now brought down from their pedestals, the familiar cry has gone out. Superman aka Super Heir Rahul Gandhi overruled the government and ordered Anna's release. Do they realize how ludicrous it sounds that the heir apparent is forever tilting at the windmills of his own government and more! If he ever becomes the PM, the fervid dream of the party, will he continue this middle-aged rebel to oppose his own government?
Every time a decision of the government is overturned, the institutional damage is incredible. Are we now living in the last days of the Mughuls where the imperial edict ran for half a kilometre. Incredible flip flops happen, trusty foe turned best friend of Dr Manmohan Singh, the USA is now being blamed.
The government unleashes mafia spokesman to hurl invectives on Anna and then capitulates, all in the space of 24 and a half hours.
Did these clever men realize the incredible symbolism of incarcerating a frail 74-year old Gandhian following Independence Day in Tihar Jail with the likes of their fellow travellers such as former Cabinet minister, A Raja, daughter heir, Kanimozhi, Congress MP and sports czar of India, Suresh Kalmadi.
And, they are surprised at the outrage of ordinary people as a steadfast Anna prevails like Arjun never wavering from his target - a corruption free India.
The Congress party is also an Arjun, except it is so clever that it unleashes arrows that turn in to boomerangs.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon