Love by chance!
Love stories...love them or hate them…but you certainly cannot ignore them. Quite true actually, don’t you think so? Ah! The mushy romance in movies, pink scented cards, heart-shaped pillows, chocolates - all remind you of your beloved.
You find yourself day dreaming at your workplace or wherever you are! Talking about him with your friends or referring to him in a veiled manner in conversations. You cannot refrain from smiling when he knocks at your love-memory gate.
You find it difficult to describe your emotions, which are mixed, hazy and quite poetic. It is what the non-romantics refer to as ‘foolish’ but nevertheless yearn to experience it.
As for me, love brings to my mind some very wonderful quotations like “Life isn’t long enough for love” and “Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars”… It is indeed such a wonderful feeling isn’t it? Some rational minds may call me crazy. But the idea of love is such and aren’t all first crushes supposed to be like that?
Just imagine this love sequence Bollywood style - you bump into him on the street, his hand touches yours as you both reach to grab the same thing and your eyes meet. Or let’s say you drop your books at college or in the library and your crush bends down to help you pick them up. How romantic!
That is called love by chance, but can love be arranged? There is a reason why I am asking the question all of a sudden today. Well, the credit goes to my brother who a few days back was an eligible bachelor (now engaged) in hunt for a perfect bride. He met her surrounded by relatives and both fell for each other. That was quick and sweet. Does love happen so quickly…really at first sight?
Since then, I haven’t been able to think of anything apart from this. How are we supposed to meet our soul mates?
Well, I don’t know whether soul mates exist or not and how one falls in love, but there are a few things I am sure about. One has to work on every relationship after love happens (in whatever way) and it’s not easy but then it’s worth it. Real love has to do with an average person being truthful, honest and loving against all odds.
I believe that we all make our own destiny to some extent and can’t leave it all to God (come on he can’t do everything for us!).
For me, love is something that never holds someone as a prisoner. It never tries to force the beloved against his will. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance.
That is true love! Sounds like a lot doesn’t? The good news is that one does not have to do anything in love. Let love takes its own course…
Isn’t it a beautiful feeling of loving someone deeply and being loved in return? To be happy with the person who is most happy with you. Isn’t that what matters the most in life?
Well, for me, love matters the most, but ironically I am still waiting...Love by chance or arranged, surrounded by relatives – I am waiting for my turn to experience this strong feeling like so many of you out there.
Just wait and as I said earlier, let love take its own course…
comments powered by Disqus
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- International Yoga Day 2017: PM Modi leads celebrations in Lucknow
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- Moving towards making India self-reliant in Defence, says PM Modi in Lucknow
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain