Obama, a new ray of hope
The change has come. Yes, riding on the waves of fresh hopes and stepping into history, Barack Hussein Obama shattered the racial barriers and came into power as the first Black President of the United States of America.
Everywhere around the globe, Barrack Obama`s inauguration became a day for millions to cheer, a signal of new beginning and renewal.
The 47-year-old Obama`s election shows that America is more open to change now.
Former President George W Bush`s eight years of Republican control in the White House finally came to an end. It was a dark era that witnessed September 11, 2001 terror attacks, an economic collapse that swept away thousands of jobs and the purposeless wars in especially the one in Iraq. So, Obama’s is being looked upon as a ray of hope by a battered and broken America.
“Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America,” Obama said while addressing the massive crowd during his inauguration.
He added: “We have duties to ourselves, our nation and towards the world, duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly”.
He has certainly turned up as the dawn of the new Democratic era.
He represents the hope that America will listen to all voices and will manage not just its own house responsibly but will also cooperate with the world. He is a man of substance and a youth icon.
But, the path ahead is not a bed of roses. There are so many challenges that await him.
Undoubtedly, economic meltdown is one issue that tops his diary. But he is confident that he will get America up on its feet again and will find a silver lining in the economic storm. He believes that, “The state of economy calls for action, bold and swift, and we will act- not only to create new jobs, but to lay a new foundation for growth”.
Obama has terrorism as a major challenge to meet. For the sake of world’s security, he has to continue the war against terror to root out terrorist organizations like al-Qaeda, Lashkar-e-Toiba and other terror groups, which export violence in the whole world.
He must press Pakistan to shatter such terrorist groups with a heavy hand, something that the Bush administration failed to do.
So, with all new hopes in this winter of hardship, we raise a toast for Mr President and welcome him.
WE WELCOME THE OBAMA ERA
comments powered by Disqus
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report