That’s so boring Pamela!
‘Bigg Boss 4’ might have got a huge boost to its TRPs, but most of us Indians felt cheated when the Canadian sizzler appeared on their television screen. Honestly speaking, lot many of us still fantasise about Pamela Anderson as the ‘lady in the red swimsuit’ - Casey Jean Parker of ‘Baywatch’ or the bold Vallery Irons of ‘V.I.P’ - sitcoms which gave a cult status to Pamela and established her as a reigning sex goddess of the 90s. And to top it all, Pamela’s juicy sex-tape controversy with Tommy Lee (Mötley Crüe drummer) and turning into Playboy playmate made her the ultimate sex icon.
I am not a Pamela worshipper, but what I saw on ‘Bigg Boss 4’ was a far-cry of her former self – ‘the Pamela Anderson’! Given her gravity defying assets and mischievous wink, Pamela Anderson, who went ahead and became a voyeur’s ultimate delight, all of a sudden appeared terribly wasted and worn-out on ‘Bigg Boss 4’.
Apparently, in ‘Bigg Boss 4’, Pamela looked nothing short of an old hag, who had a terrible dressing style (check out her wearing a yellow saree-cum-sarong and mopping the floor on the sets of the reality show). And then came her stupid rendition of ‘Dhak-dhak karne laga’, where Pammie shakes her bootie with other inmates of ‘Bigg Boss 4’. Okay, one can’t expect her to be as graceful as Madhuri, but why all those dumb gyrations! I found her stupid rather than raunchy, making a mockery of her heydays on ‘Bigg Boss 4.’
For us Indians, who share a colonial history, the ‘white woman’ fixation is not an unknown phenomenon. Post the impact of globalisation, instead of ‘be Indian buy Indian’, we attuned ourselves to the lure of foreign goods - ‘be Indian and buy foreign’. Living in a neo-colonial society, our likes and dislikes are very much shaped by the West. As if burgers and French fires were not enough, our quest for Americanisation does not end here as we have another import from the West - Pamela Anderson, the perfect example of ‘white woman’ - the ‘wet and wild’ fantasy of every Indian male.
However, this myth gets broken the moment Pamela enters ‘Bigg Boss 4’. Now at 43, Pamela is past her prime. Umpteen jabs of botox and cosmetic surgeries can’t save her youth. A waning youth and insecure career pushes her to India, who knows there might be a ticket to Bollywood!
Once on ‘Bigg Boss 4’, Pamela’s jhatkas-matkas fail to charm. She might be the global sex icon, but in ‘Bigg Boss 4’ house, she looked pretty ordinary. I couldn’t agree more with Pritish Nandy who tweeted that Veena Malik is hotter than Pamela Anderson – “Well, I still think Veena Malik is the hottest inmate of ‘Bigg Boss’ house. Too much tamasha over a jaded, boring, over-the-hill Pamela.”
Interestingly, Pamela’s ‘Bigg Boss 4’ outing breaks her sex bomb aura and renders her completely vulnerable. She is compared to lesser known faces of the show (read Pakistan’s Veena Malik, who has been quite adventurous with Ashmit Patel and Hrishant Goswami on ‘Bigg Boss 4’).
Call it porn or adult reality show, Pamela Anderson’s three day’s stay in ‘Bigg Boss 4’ is nothing short of a dumb show, beamed right into your home, watering the desires of testosterone high Indian male’s ‘white woman’ fixation – the eternal desire for a gori-chitti firang!
comments powered by Disqus
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof