The jinx club-27 takes another member away!
“Club 27” which is also known as “Forever 27” stands for the dark name that defines the category of young musicians who died at the age of 27. It is mostly associated with the rock stars who committed suicide or died a controversial death - all as young as 27 years of age.
So many deaths of music legends at a young age has made the term ‘Club 27’ even darker. The origin of the term comes from the dodgy deaths of musicians such as Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison - all of who died at the age of 27 at a gap of every few years. These highly talented and gifted musicians made it big at a young age, had a big fan following and great careers but for dodgy reasons and habits, their lives ended in an abrupt way. None of these musicians could have a second when compared to the standard of music they produced.
Recently when the news of singer Amy Winehouse’s death at her London pad came, once again it reminded music lovers about the jinx of Club-27.
By count there have been about 34 musicians in the world who died at the young age of 27. There have been many non-fictional books published on the same subject. People die at all ages, but it is weird how statistically many musicians died in their 27th year.
These multiple deaths over the past years have created a myth about this term in the rock and roll industry.
In fact the family of Kurt Cobain claimed that how as a kid he would always say he wants to join the Club-27. Later when he died, his sister released this statement to media. This has also been discussed in his biography at length.
A lot of people believe that from time to time deaths have strengthened the belief in the myth of Club-27 and that it has highly influenced the way people look at rock music today.
Mostly these musicians died a deviant death, the reasons were unnatural- such as suicide, drowning, drug overdose, accident, alcohol abuse etc.
It is remarkable the number of coincidences all these musicians had in their lives. Most of them lived troubled lives, suffered emotional traumas or were victims of physical abuse. Their death was caused commonly due to drug and alcohol overdose.
It is a shame and a dreadful misfortune for such accomplished and talented people to have had premature deaths at such a young age.
With the recent death of British singer Amy Winehouse, once again the ghosts of Club-27 have come haunting the fans and family of the singer. The reasons for Amy’s death are yet to be clear, however so far the proof and evidences point towards a case of drug and alcohol overdose.
We pray that God gives strength to her close ones and we hope her soul rests in peace!
comments powered by Disqus
- Track repair was being carried out without station master's permission - Watch report
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- Watch: First official briefing after Muzaffarnagar train accident
- President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Flag to Ladakh's Scout Battalion
- SC grants bail to Lt Col Purohit in Malegaon blast case
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- WATCH: Lightning quick MS Dhoni produces yet another impressive stumping, sends Lasith Malinga packing
- Survival is a distant dream for Assam man who has to go through life with 59-inch stomach
- This man’s funny pose and hilarious Twitter reactions will leave you in splits