This New Year, let’s heal the world
We live in a world filled with greed, unrest, violence, hatred, jealousy and all the malice that are destroying and affecting our everyday lives in ways we cannot fathom. Peace is just a word and is vanishing into the thin air.
There is unrest in the Middle East; so too in the east, the west, the north, the south and at every street corner across the globe. Someone is being kidnapped, robbed, raped and even murdered; it’s a barbaric world where we are living in. And there is no justice (another word that just exists in words and nothing beyond).
And all these are being done for reasons best known or unknown to us – political, personal, and financial or for sheer pleasure.
Besides these, Mother Nature’s wrath– cyclones, typhoons, earthquakes – have resulted in deaths of innocents, loss of lives and property, thereby triggering pain indescribable agony.
The Super Typhoon Haiyan that hit the Philippines and left millions homeless and many dead, or the various earthquakes that left over a thousand dead during the year; mankind has been hurt and wounded, left in pain and agony, seeking mercy and help.
Even we have hurt and wounded Mother Nature in innumerable ways - excavations, deforestation, oil drilling, oil spill, global warming, etc. Who can ever forget the Deepwater Horizon Spill, also known as the BP (British Petroleum) Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010; the explosion killed 11 and injured 17 others.
In other words, we have become selfish human beings and for our personal gains, we have destroyed, wounded and hurt our fellow brothers. And as another new year ushers in, perhaps, it is time that we think for our brethrens and the generations to come and make our world a better place to live.
When the legendary ‘King of Pop’ Michael Jackson sang one of his most popular songs, “Heal The World” in the early nineties, he knew that there was a desperate need to heal our world and make it a better place to live.
There is certainly a corner in our hearts that reminds us each day to be better humans, live a better life and make the world a better place for life.
We alone can help each other – we know aliens will never come to help us, even if they exist. Among all the living being, only humans have the power to bring about significant changes meant for the welfare of one and all. We are given a choice- a choice to either wound or heal our world – to wound or heal our brothers and sisters.
There are millions out here who need help, a touch that could heal them. And every day, we are given a chance to heal the needy in our own way. It is up to each individual to take up a cause to heal our world and make it a better place to live.
The year that is on the threshold on bidding goodbye to us, has had its share of ecstasies and agonies. But with a new day, a new year comes and a new hope takes birth. We are given a chance to heal the world with renews vigour and aspirations.
Let this New Year 2014 be a year, an opportunity given to us to spread love, peace.
comments powered by Disqus
- Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Kashmir
- Man brutally beaten to death by woman in Ghaziabad for obscene phone calls
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- CBSE Class XII results: Amity International School, Noida's Raksha Gopal tops with 99.6%
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Idea Data Jackpot Offer: Get 10 GB monthly data for 3 months at just Rs 100