This X`mas, make your house heaven...
A great way to celebrate Christmas is to bring alive the spirit of the festival within your house.
The decoration need not be an elaborate one. Keep the decoration simple, just adding personal touch gives a more intimate feel to the whole celebration.
Christmas decoration begins with the decoration of the Christmas tree. Having a natural Christmas tree is the best option as it can be used year after year, and if you don’t have one, settle for an artificial tree or go for the natural similar looking trees like Swiss pine, Grand Fir etc. In case you fail to find similar ones then just use a big potted flowerless plant.
To decorate the tree:
1. Arrange the lights from the base of the tree and from inside out i.e from the inside branches to the outer edges.
2. Place the ornaments from inside to give a feel of depth to the tree.
3. Hang candy canes, small Santa caps, stockings filled with gifts and yes a brightly lit star on the top of the tree.
Once you are finished with the Christmas tree, start with the house decoration.
1. Create a manger to bring alive the birth of the Christ in your house. All you would need is some dried grass, cardboard, few toy images and creativity. Place this manger on the side of the entrance, so that guests dropping into your place too can have the feel of the birth of the `Holy Child`.
2. Use bows and ribbons around the house to give it a festive look. Make sure that the colours and patterns of ribbon go according to the decoration scheme.
3. Arrange candles on the dinning table, across the stairs, windows and prefer using minimal lights. Scented candles are a good option to give the house a more intimate feel.
4. Put wreaths or swags on every door. Garland the staircase and place stars hanging from the rooftop.
5. Decorate several small trees with candy and popcorn strings around the house.
6. Print short Christmas carols, poems and stories on chart sheets. Tear off the ends to give it a rough look and place it on the tables or pin them on doors with bows.
7. Hang stockings already filled with presents from the mantle.
8. Fill crystal bowls with candy canes and place them on the tables across the house.
comments powered by Disqus
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court
- Azam Khan's another shocker: `Lady terrorists chopped off parts of Indian Army soldiers to take revenge for rape` - Watch