When Aamir made doctors take their own medicine
I feel pained to fall within the bracket of those who think doctors are no longer worthy of being called God on earth- aren’t you aware of the kind of malpractices people from your fraternity indulge in to make quick bucks. Please do not pretend as if you aren’t aware of what happens around you.
It’s a state of sheer melancholy for most of us who have burnt our fingers hoping that you would do your job with utmost passion and with that humane touch most essential for your profession. Not that I blame every single one of you for the current sorry state of affairs and disgracing the profession but somewhere deep inside your hearts, you wouldn’t deny admitting the wrongs that keep recurring in your place of work.
You have accused Aamir Khan for defaming you and your job on his TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’, but it seems you haven’t followed the show properly. Never did Aamir, in the entire length, point fingers at honest medical professionals. All he did was to make a noise about the misdeeds people in the fraternity end up doing. If you aren’t one of those dishonest persons, why create a ruckus? Is your conscience, consciously or sub-consciously, making you feel guilty of dirtying your hands?
You have pointed fingers at Aamir for spoiling your reputation but aren’t you yourself responsible for washing your dirty linen in public?
Your actions really make me wonder!
Nonetheless, I have a number of episodes related to medical malpractices to recall that I have stood witness to in my life so far. And trust me…it’s shaming and disgraceful. My case is just like a drop in the ocean, and I am sure that there are many more tragic events people have been subject to, at your hands.
Instead of wasting too much time on discussing what Aamir has done to you, why don’t you concentrate on your work and figure out what you could do to prove him wrong in the literal sense?
I have never seen the medical fraternity acting as a cohesive unit ever before. Just imagine if Aamir’s show could incite you to team up to fight against him, then why don’t you collectively do something to upgrade the health care system in the country. Isn’t that far more important than acting like cry babies?
Please stop slinging mud at someone who is just trying to discuss something concerning social issues in public, and for the betterment of the society. Do not try and shift the focus from the malpractices that find home in your place of duty by unnecessarily crying foul.
Grow up, doctors. You are here to save mankind from illness. A patient, who visits you hoping you would treat him in the right way, is certainly not a mint. He is a human just like you, made of flesh and blood, and in no way can produce money.
I know, my letter might offend many of you but I have no choice but to be standing against you in this case. I personally know honest and efficient doctors who are close to my family, so my letter is not targeted at any individual in the field.
I would rather like to see you unite to save those millions of Indians who have no access to quality health care. So stop focusing on Aamir, let him do his job.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video