8 fun facts of New Year
By WeTheVoice Bureau | Last Updated: Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:43
Without more ado, let's start with the fun facts of New Year which can make your jaws drop!
- According to statisticbrain.com only 8% people follow their new year resolutions through out the year.
- Longplayer is a song which is being played from midnight of 31st of December 1999 and will keep on playing until the last day of 2999.
- Statistics of National Insurance Crime Bureau says that more vehicles are stolen on New Year's eve than on any other day.
- Ethiopia has 13 months in it's calender which celebrates new year on September 11 and is currently in 2009.
- The largest firework in the world is displayed by Reykjavik, Iceland.
- The tradition to make New Year resolutions has come from Babylonians (94 Kms south west from Baghdad) which was the most famous city from ancient Mesopotamia.
- Fireworks also noise making in a way has been adopted from ancient time when noise and fire was used to banish evil and bring good luck.
- Germany, France, Italy and Austria has named New Year's Eve as “Silvester” to honour Pope Sylvester I as he died on December 31st.
First Published: Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 15:16
comments powered by Disqus
- 7th pay commission: Check out maximum and minimum HRA city-wise if govt accepts bare recommendations of AK Mathur-led panel
- Instead of tying stone pelter on army jeep tie Arundhati Roy, tweets BJP MP Paresh Rawal; sparks row
- Pakistani posts destroyed by Indian Army in Naushera sector - Watch Video
- Manchester terror attack: As it happened
- WATCH: The last Mitchell Johnson over that sealed MI's IPL 2017 final fate against RPS