Blogs & Exclusives
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 16:19
Earlier, too, the BJP had come out on top in a series of civic elections across the country and returned more recently as a major contender in Odisha.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 16:16
The suicide attack on the shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar in Sindh is unlikely to dampen the spirit of Dhamaal, the ecstatic dance performed in the shrine`s courtyard at dusk every Thursday.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 16:09
In November 2014, just weeks after Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched his Make-in-India campaign, Nokia shut its factory in Chennai, rendering 6,600 full-time workers jobless.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:01
In India, mothers aged below 20 years face 1.5 times the risk of losing their baby as compared with women aged 20 to 29.
By Akrita Reyar | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 09:47
Security and progress versus wildlife and environment. 150 years earlier, human endeavour won over Mother Nature. Is history going to repeat itself in an even more brutal way?
By Suyash Srivastava | Last Updated: Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:56
Virat Kohli, who has been in sensational form across formats in the last few years, loves to play against Australia and Steve Smith's men need to come up with mind-boggling strategies to stop Indian skipper's record-shattering spree.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:41
Admiral Arun Prakash (retd)/South Asia Monitor/IANS
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:38
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:43
More than 15 percent people still remained undernourished in India in 2015.
By Biplob Ghosal | Last Updated: Thursday, February 9, 2017 - 15:51
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh's son Pankaj Singh is contesting the upcoming 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections on a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ticket from the high-profile Noida constituen
By Suyash Srivastava | Last Updated: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:09
In a cricket-obsessed country like India, where cricketers are treated as semi-gods, it’s a tremendous achievement if someone makes name in a lesser-popular sport like basketball.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Monday, February 6, 2017 - 15:40
By Ankita Bhandari | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - 17:14
The single-phase Goa Legislative Assembly election, 2017 will be held on February 4, 2017 to elect 40 members of the Goa Legislative Assembly, as the term of current Legislative Assembly terminates in March.
By Ankita Bhandari | Last Updated: Friday, February 3, 2017 - 18:05
The polling to elect 60 members of Manipur Legislative Assembly election, 2017 will be held on March 4 and 8 as the term of current Legislative Assembly ends on 18 March 2017.
By Ankita Bhandari | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - 17:16
The Congress has promised five litres of free petrol per month to every college student, who has a valid driving license.
By Ankita Bhandari | Last Updated: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:09
The seven-phase polling for 403 assembly constituencies in Uttar Pradesh announcement has the stage is set for yet another bitter electoral battle between the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and its political rivals.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 - 15:38
Oommen C Kurian/IndiaSpend/IANS
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 - 15:26
The procession of breast-beating "liberals" doesn`t seem to end, not since Donald Trump eclipsed their most shining star -- Hillary Clinton.
By Sanjeeb Baruah | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 15:16
The Goa Assembly elections are being fought on a number of issues with the ruling BJP promoting ‘development’ as the key issue while the opposition parties focus on issues such as corruption, envir
By Sanjeeb Baruah | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 17:43
Rival candidates in the Punjab Assembly polls made all sorts of annotations that will tickle your bone. From "Dusht" (wicked), "kuttanga" (I'll thrash), "lootere" (robbers) to "topiwalas" (a reference to AAP workers), this is what the top politicians, across party lines, are hurling at each other.
By Sanjeeb Baruah | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 16:43
Incumbent CM Laxmikant Parsekar is faced with persistent speculation that Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar will be brought back to Goa to take over the reins.
By Akrita Reyar | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 15:39
Shiromani Akali Dal seems certain that it is unlikely to be lucky a third time in a row.
By Manisha Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 17:24
It's an all out battle between the major players in Uttar Pradesh, which is essentially a three-cornered fight between Samajawadi Party-Congress combine, the Bharatiya Janata Party and the BSP.
By Prashant V Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 19:13
Congress might face a tough challenge from BJP in the electoral battle.
By Prashant V Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 19:04
With Manipur going to polls on March 4 and 8, political parties have a host of issues to contend with.
By Manisha Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 17:08
Uttarakhand may be a small hilly state, but nonetheless for both Congress and the BJP, it is a battle of prestige.
By Biplob Ghosal | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 16:46
Uttarakhand Assembly Elections 2017 are scheduled to be held in single phase on February 15.
By Prashant V Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 18:36
The electoral battle lines are already drawn in Punjab!
By Manisha Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 19:12
There are other states and then there is Uttar Pradesh – the most coveted of all trophies as far as elections go.
By Kamna Arora | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 16:14
The Manipur Elections 2017 will be held in two phases - March 4 and March 8.
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- DNA: Indian soldiers shown as superheroes in comic series
- DNA: Are our soldiers upset over the anti-national atmosphere in the country?
- Sedition case: Delhi Police has evidence to charge JNU students Umar Khalid, Anirban
- I&B Minister Venkaiah Naidu targets Rahul Gandhi over tweet on Gurmehar Kaur
- Andhra Pradesh: Bus accident in Krishna district kills 6, many injured
- DNA: Today in History | February 27, 2017
- PM Modi greets Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on his birthday
- AISA supporters stage 'Save DU' flag march; Miranda House students protest against ABVP, AISA
- Specially designed indigenous 'Antimine shoes' to detect land mines
- UP polls: PM Modi to address rallies in Maharajganj and Deoria
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- JNU case: Delhi Police has evidence to nail Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya, 7 others
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Virender Sehwag breaks silence over viral tweet, says it wasn't meant for Kargil martyr's daughter
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, Phogat family slams Javed Akhtar for 'hardly literate wrestler' jibe
- Note ban: PM Narendra Modi takes a dig at Amartya Sen, says `hard work more powerful than Harvard`
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership subscription at Rs 99 starts from today – Check out the full tariff chart
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Is it right to support someone who doesn't support the nation? Asks Babita Phogat
- DSGMC Elections 2017 Results: SAD (Badal) emerges as clear winner, says Congress, AAP rejected
- Kansas shooting: White House breaks silence days after Indian techie's killing, says `early reports` are disturbing
- David Warner's 'one-word description' of Indian skipper Virat Kohli will make ever Indian proud
- Why Dimple Yadav's speech in which she gave new 'Kasab' acronym is trending – Watch here