Blogs & Exclusives
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - 13:38
Manisha Chachra /IndiaSpend/IANS
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - 12:55
With 200 million people, UP is India`s most populous state and does have more IPS officers than any other Indian state.
By Salome Phelamei | Last Updated: Friday, March 3, 2017 - 19:18
Manipur, literally meaning the land of ‘jewel’, seems to be inadvertently losing out its flavor of what it used to be known for in the past. With the state entangling in never-ending conflicts, Manipur, which boasts of its exotic landscapes, today finds itself in ‘complete mayhem’.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Friday, March 3, 2017 - 12:03
Mizoram was the only state to report an increase in infant mortality -- from 34 deaths per 1,000 live births in 2005-06 to 40 in 2015-16. Uttar Pradesh have not been released.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 16:19
Earlier, too, the BJP had come out on top in a series of civic elections across the country and returned more recently as a major contender in Odisha.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 16:16
The suicide attack on the shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar in Sindh is unlikely to dampen the spirit of Dhamaal, the ecstatic dance performed in the shrine`s courtyard at dusk every Thursday.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 16:09
In November 2014, just weeks after Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched his Make-in-India campaign, Nokia shut its factory in Chennai, rendering 6,600 full-time workers jobless.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:01
In India, mothers aged below 20 years face 1.5 times the risk of losing their baby as compared with women aged 20 to 29.
By Akrita Reyar | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 09:47
Security and progress versus wildlife and environment. 150 years earlier, human endeavour won over Mother Nature. Is history going to repeat itself in an even more brutal way?
By Suyash Srivastava | Last Updated: Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:56
Virat Kohli, who has been in sensational form across formats in the last few years, loves to play against Australia and Steve Smith's men need to come up with mind-boggling strategies to stop Indian skipper's record-shattering spree.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:41
Admiral Arun Prakash (retd)/South Asia Monitor/IANS
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:38
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:43
More than 15 percent people still remained undernourished in India in 2015.
By Biplob Ghosal | Last Updated: Thursday, February 9, 2017 - 15:51
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh's son Pankaj Singh is contesting the upcoming 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections on a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ticket from the high-profile Noida constituen
By Suyash Srivastava | Last Updated: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:09
In a cricket-obsessed country like India, where cricketers are treated as semi-gods, it’s a tremendous achievement if someone makes name in a lesser-popular sport like basketball.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Monday, February 6, 2017 - 15:40
By Ankita Bhandari | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - 17:14
The single-phase Goa Legislative Assembly election, 2017 will be held on February 4, 2017 to elect 40 members of the Goa Legislative Assembly, as the term of current Legislative Assembly terminates in March.
By Ankita Bhandari | Last Updated: Friday, February 3, 2017 - 18:05
The polling to elect 60 members of Manipur Legislative Assembly election, 2017 will be held on March 4 and 8 as the term of current Legislative Assembly ends on 18 March 2017.
By Ankita Bhandari | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - 17:16
The Congress has promised five litres of free petrol per month to every college student, who has a valid driving license.
By Ankita Bhandari | Last Updated: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:09
The seven-phase polling for 403 assembly constituencies in Uttar Pradesh announcement has the stage is set for yet another bitter electoral battle between the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and its political rivals.
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 - 15:38
Oommen C Kurian/IndiaSpend/IANS
By Miscellaneous | Last Updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 - 15:26
The procession of breast-beating "liberals" doesn`t seem to end, not since Donald Trump eclipsed their most shining star -- Hillary Clinton.
By Sanjeeb Baruah | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 15:16
The Goa Assembly elections are being fought on a number of issues with the ruling BJP promoting ‘development’ as the key issue while the opposition parties focus on issues such as corruption, envir
By Sanjeeb Baruah | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 17:43
Rival candidates in the Punjab Assembly polls made all sorts of annotations that will tickle your bone. From "Dusht" (wicked), "kuttanga" (I'll thrash), "lootere" (robbers) to "topiwalas" (a reference to AAP workers), this is what the top politicians, across party lines, are hurling at each other.
By Sanjeeb Baruah | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 16:43
Incumbent CM Laxmikant Parsekar is faced with persistent speculation that Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar will be brought back to Goa to take over the reins.
By Akrita Reyar | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 15:39
Shiromani Akali Dal seems certain that it is unlikely to be lucky a third time in a row.
By Manisha Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 17:24
It's an all out battle between the major players in Uttar Pradesh, which is essentially a three-cornered fight between Samajawadi Party-Congress combine, the Bharatiya Janata Party and the BSP.
By Prashant V Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 19:13
Congress might face a tough challenge from BJP in the electoral battle.
By Prashant V Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 19:04
With Manipur going to polls on March 4 and 8, political parties have a host of issues to contend with.
By Manisha Singh | Last Updated: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 17:08
Uttarakhand may be a small hilly state, but nonetheless for both Congress and the BJP, it is a battle of prestige.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- PM Narendra Modi hails Nitish Kumar for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Taimur pushes mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan – Watch Video to know why he does so
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past