Padmavati trailer: Here's why we feel Ranveer Singh has outdone himself as Khilji
Soon after the trailer of Padmavati directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali was unveiled on Monday, fans, well-wishers, movie-goers and colleagues of the star cast took to Twitter to heap praises.
Mumbai: Ranveer Singh, the actor who played a boy-next-door in his debut film – Band Baajaa Baarat – has transformed into an actor par excellence. The Lootera of a million hearts, Ranveer has always surprised us by delivering fabulous performances in films that are finely etched in our memory. And now, as Sultan Alauddin Khilji in Padmavati, Ranveer has pulled off yet another challenging role with uncommon élan.
Soon after the trailer of Padmavati directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali was unveiled on Monday, fans, well-wishers, movie-goers and colleagues of the star cast took to Twitter to heap praises. But the man who stole the show was none other than Ranveer Singh. Bhansali gets the best out of Ranveer and his performances in Goliyon Ki Raasleela - Ram Leela and Bajirao Mastani bear testimony to that.
The Befikre star seems to have given his all to portray his part to perfection. Despite the presence of Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor, the Padmavati trailer proved to be Ranveer’s showreel. It was Ranveer all the way.
From the point his character is introduced to the audiences until the time he is seen playing with fire, Ranveer displayed his prowess without uttering a single word- his eyes, body language and mannerisms did the talking.
Here’s highlighting jaw-dropping moments:
- Ranveer enters his tent with a killer attitude, flips his hair backward and then puts the crown on his head.
- Ranveer flaunts royalty unapologetically, smells a flower as he is carried by his men.
- Those killer eyes! Ranveer’s intense expression while riding a horse is too intense.
- He celebrates his victory after tossing a man up in the air and crushing him on the ground.
- He looks up after smearing colour on his face.
- He looks at his reflection in the mirror.
- He makes a peculiar after being surrounded by women holding mirrors in their hands.
- He gorges on meat like a beast.
- He raises his eyebrow in style that is suggestive.
- He rises from the ground with his matted locks covering his bloodied face.
Salted to release on December 1, Padmavati also stars Aditi Rao Hydari.