Shashi Kapoor's iconic roles over the years
Shashi Kapoor is featured in as many as 148 films and will always be remembered as the most dashing actors Bollywood has ever seen.
New Delhi: The Legendary megastar of Indian cinema, Shashi Kapoor passed away at 79. The veteran actor has a huge filmography to his credit. The actor will be remembered for his great movies and unmatched acting skills.
The actor has been honoured with various awards during his lifespan. In 2011, he was given the Padma Bhushan Award by the government of India and received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2015.
Here is a flash of his top roles on celluloid for which he will be always remembered:
1. Satyam Shivam Sundaram- The film was directed by Raj Kapoor and released in 1978. Apart from Shashi Kapoor, the film featured actors like Zeenat Aman and Padmini Kolhapure.
2. Jab Jab Phool Khile- Directed by Suraj Prakash, the film was released in 1965. Nanda played the female lead in the film.
3. Deewar: Shakti Kapoor shared the screen with Amitabh Bachchan in this film which was released in 1975 and directed by Yash Chopra. The film was a big hit at the box office. The iconic 'Maa' dialogue has gone down the history and continues to be one of the heavy-dose Bollywood one-liners.
4. Suhaag: A 1979 release, the film features Amitabh Bachchan, Rekha, Kader Khan besides Shashi Kapoor in the lead. It is directed by Manmohan Desai.
5. Namak Halal: Role of Shahi Kapoor as Raja Kumar remains one of the most popular ones. It was directed by Prakash Mehra and released in 1982. The film was also remade in Telugu.
The actor breathed his last in Mumbai's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital on Monday evening. He is featured in as many as 148 films and will always be remembered as the most dashing actors Bollywood has ever seen.