Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Motor show at Auto Expo begins on February 5 and lasts till February 9. Though the Components Show of Auto Expo, which begins on February 4, focuses on the components and ancillary parts, the Motor Show particularly highlights the new models in different categories of cars, SUVs, bike, mini trucks, dumpers etc.
Here are the key facts that you would want to know about Motor Show at Auto Expo 2016:
1) Auto Expo is a biennial event. The last expo took place in 2014
2) The first Auto Expo was held in 1986. This year will be the 13th edition of Auto Expo
3) The 13th Auto Expo is being considered to be the largest ever show, with more than 40 exhibitors attending.
4) Earlier the venue used to be in Delhi at Pragati Maidan, now the venue restricted for the Components Show. Due to rising footfall, now the Motor Show is organised in India Expo Mart at Greater Noida.
5) The Visitors at Motor Show will be allowed from Feb 5 to Feb 9 between 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm on weekdays. Visitors will be allowed between 10:00 am to 7:00 pm on weekends. The visitors will be allowed on the last day i.e. on the February 9 only between 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
6) India Expo Mart in Greater Noida is about 40 km away from Delhi.
7) Maximum footfalls during the Motor Show of Auto Expo even touch around 90,000 – 1,00,000 on a day.
8) The venue of Auto Expo India Expo Mart in Greater Noida is spread over 58 acres of land with around 60,000 sqm exhibition area & convention facilities, business lounges, VIP lounges, business centre, restaurants, food courts, parking area, storage and warehouse facilities. Exhibition halls are wi-fi enabled, has centralized public address system along with CCTV coverage