General Motors recalls 2.31 lakh SUVs over fire risk
Beijing: US General Motors Co. is set to recall about 231,000 older SUVs over fire risks and has urged owners to park them outside garages until they are repaired, a media report said.
The Detroit-based automaker agreed to recall 193,000 2006-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier, SAAB 9-7x, Isuzu Ascender and 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL in the US, reported Xinhua.
The recall also includes 3,546 in Canada, 4,876 in Mexico and 30,000 outside North America, the Detroit News said.
The report said it is feared fluid may enter the driver's door, causing rust that could result in a short in the circuit board. The short may cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing odor, smoke, or a fire.
At least 28 door fires were reported, including some when the vehicle was left unattended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products