Nissan sales up 11% in FY 2012-13
Mumbai: Japanese auto maker Nissan on Tuesday reported 11 percent increase in its sales at 36,975 units in the domestic market in financial year 2012-13 against 33,270 units in the previous fiscal.
Nissan Motor India said in statement here that its flagship model Sunny sedan accounted for 24,011 units while the premium compact Micra's sales stood at 11,454 units during the fiscal.
The sales of Evalia, the utility vehicle introduced in October, stood at 1,396, the company said adding other modes such as Teana, X-Trail SUV and 370z sports car comprised the remaining sales.
"We have maintained our sales momentum in the domestic market and continue to scale up our operations in line with our long term strategic goals," Nissan Motor India Managing Director and Chief Executive Kenichiro Yomura said.
The company has also significantly expanded its dealer network to 95 in last one year underlining its long-term commitment to India, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300