Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Royal Enfield's Classic 500 motorcycles is one of the most popular bikes in the league. It has now come out in a colour which is a tribute to Royal Enfield’s war time presence and association with the armed forces.
1) Classic 500 motorcycle will sport a new Squadron Blue colour, which has been introduced to pay homage to the Air Force.
The colours so far available were: Classic Silver, Classic Black and Classic Tan.
2) The Royal Enfield Classic 500 is powered by a 499cc, four-stroke, single cylinder fuel injected engine that produces 27.2PS at 5,250rpm and 41.3Nm at 4,000rpm
3)The new colour is available in all Royal Enfiled showrooms in India.
1) The Classic 500 motorcycle with Squadron Blue colour is priced at Rs 1.93 lakh, on-road Mumbai.
2) The price is a Rs 5,000 premium over the Classic 500's Classic Silver, Classic Black and Classic Tan colours.
3) The bikes do not have a provision to carry a small bag or just about a 2 kg of things. For many users, the price tag of around Rs 2 lakh for a bike with technology that hasn't been much updated, does not offer value for money.