Toyota all set with its exclusive ‘self-drive car’
London: Toyota has released an exclusive video showing a self-drive car safety technology ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next week.
The car maker revealed a video clip of a Lexus fitted with safety features designed to minimise car crashes.
The technology includes on-board radar and video cameras to monitor the road, the surroundings, and the driver, the BBC reports.
According to the report, a Toyota spokesman said that the car can also communicate with other vehicles.
The video shows a prototype Lexus LS fitted with what Toyota''s described as an "Intelligent Transport Systems" (ITS) technology.
According to the report, Toyota has also developed technology that lets a car communicate with a driver''s smartphone to offer augmented reality features.
This would let the car know about places by the road letting it, for example. recommend an upcoming restaurant, said the spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300