Toyota to recall 1.60 lakh vehicles in China for repairs
Beijing: Japanese automaker Toyota will recall more than 160,000 RAV4 sport utility vehicles sold in China due to a problem with the vehicles' rear suspension, the country's consumer quality watchdog said Friday.
The recall will affect 13,474 vehicles produced between July 21, 2005 and November 28, 2008, as well as 147,310 vehicles manufactured between February 6, 2009 and October 31, 2010, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine (AQSIQ) said in a statement.
Nuts on the lower swing arms of the vehicles' rear suspension may become loose, causing adjusting levers to disconnect from the swing arms and cause safety risks, the statement said.
The company will replace any lower swing arms that are found to have loose nuts, Xinhua reported.
The recall will begin on September 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products