What you need to know of car which delivers 28 km/litre
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Even before this car has been launched in India, it has created enough buzz around itself due to the fact that it will deliver a mileage of 28 km per litre of petrol.
The car under mention is Ignis, which Suzuki Motors recently launched in its home market Japan.
The company's partnership in India, Maruti Suzuki is planning to showcase the car in India during the Auto Show starting in Greater Noida on February 3, 2016.
The India-launch of the car is expected in the second half of 2016, somewhere around the festive season in September, October.
Here are key features you can expect in the car:
1)Upon its launch in India, the car is likley to be fitted with the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine that powers the new Mauti Suzuki Swift and Baleno.
2) It is also expected to be sold through Nexa dealers which are expanding its network across the country.
3)The Suzuki Ignis has gone on sale in its home market of Japan, where it’s priced from1.382 million Yen (INR 8 lakhs).
4) The Ignis 2WD weighs 880 kg and is capable of a mileage of 28 km/l, while the 4WD-equipped model tips the scale at 920 kg and can hit 25.4 km/l, both under the JC08 driving cycle.
5) The length of the car at 3,700 mm, with 1,660 mm in width and height of 1595 labels it as mini SUV
6) The boot space is 415 litre, and the car will have a seating capacity of 5 passengers
7) In interiors, one can expect a dashboard with integrated touch-screen display, SmartPlay system with Apple CarPlay, bluetooth-enabled audio system, automatic climate control, regenerative braking, heated front seats, keyless entry with engine starter button,
8) The safety features will include dual front, side and curtain airbags, ABS (anti-lock braking system), EBD (electronic brake-force distribution), ESP (electronic stability programme), hill descent control, hill-hold, lane departure warning, LED headlights and fog lamps, automatic headlights with automatic leveling