1957 Aston Martin up for grabs at £20 million
London: An Aston Martin regarded as one of the finest cars ever built, has been put up for sale with a price tag of 20 million pounds.
The DBR 1/2 was the firm’s most successful racing car, thrashing Ferraris and Jaguars in the 1950s – yet only four were ever built, the Mirror reported.
Now it is being sold for four times as much as any other British car.
Only a Bugatti Type 57C and Ferrari 250 GTO have fetched more.
The 1957 DBR1/2 has a three-litre engine giving out 250bhp to hit 160mph, and become the only Aston to win Le Mans in 1959.
John Collins, who is handling the sale at Talacrest in Ascot, Berks, said: “This is the holy grail of motoring.
“It is one of the most successful and most recognisable and valuable Astons in history. It is one of the top five cars in the world.
“Models of this calibre are rarely available on the open market. And it is road registered so you can just jump in it and drive it to the local shops,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300