Audi India posts 37% jump in April sales
New Delhi: Luxury car maker Audi India Thursday reported 37.01 percent rise in sales in April at 770 units.
The company had sold 562 units in the same month of last year, Audi India said in a statement.
During January-April period, the company's sales went up by 19.60 percent to 3,386 units from 2,831 units in the same period of 2012, it added.
Audi India Head Michael Perschke said: "We were aiming for the pole position in 2015. To achieve it almost two years before the target date is a landslide success. As per reports, we are not only number one in the first quarter of 2013, but the whole of FY 2012-13."
The company said it sold 2,616 units during January-March period compared to 2,269 units in the year-ago period.
In 2012-13, Audi India registered a total sales of 9,350 units, as against 6,169 units in the previous fiscal, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20