BMW recalls 1.3 million cars worldwide
Frankfurt: BMW AG is recalling 1.3 million 5- and 6-series cars from the 2003 to 2010 model years.
The company says that in rare cases a battery cable covering in the trunk was incorrectly installed.
The defect could prevent the car from starting and in extreme cases could lead to a fire. BMW says it knows of no accidents or injuries from the defect.
The company said owners will be notified by letter and that the repair should take about 30 minutes.
The recall affects 290,000 cars in Germany and 1.3 million worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300