Classic Ferrari set to become world's most expensive car
London: A 1960 classic Ferrari could fetch a whopping four million pounds and become one of the world's most expensive cars when it is auctioned next month.
The stunning 250 GT SWB Berlinetta Competizione is one of just 74 models built by the Italian car maker.
It's three-litre V12 engine gives a 0-60mph time of less than six seconds.
A similar model sold in 2011 for over 3.1 million pounds. The classic Ferrari market has skyrocketed over the past 18 months, The Sun reported.
The 250 GT was the 17th model in the series to roll off the production line in 1960 and has had just four owners over the past 52 years.
US auctioneer Shelby Myers said: "There is nothing that trumps the magnificent style, drivability, and sound of the 250 SWB Berlinetta.
"Ultra-exclusive, it is certainly one of the most desirable Ferraris ever produced. Rarely do such important cars come to public market," Myers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300