Ford India sales up 51% in Sept
New Delhi: Car maker Ford India on Tuesday reported 50.95 percent surge in total sales to 14,217 units in September on the back of newly launched compact sports utility vehicle EcoSport.
The company had sold total 9,418 units in the same month last year, Ford India said in a statement.
Domestic sales grew by 36.51 percent to 10,640 units in September this year as against 7,794 units in the same month last year, it added.
The company exported 3,577 units last month compared to 1,624 units in the year-ago period, over two-fold increase.
Ford India Executive Director (Marketing, Sales and Service) Vinay Piparsania said: "Despite prevailing difficult economic conditions, we are excited to see our products finding greater acceptance among customers that is mirrored in our sales."
He said the company is working with its partners to optimise deliveries and reduce the waiting time for its products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300