HM sales rise in February
Kolkata: Sales of C K Birla group company Hindustan Motors (HM) increased during the month of February 2013.
The company sold 826 units of passenger car and LCVs in the month as compared to 310 units in previous February, the company said in a statement.
In January 2013, the company sold 748 vehicles compared to a sale of 366 vehicles in January 2012.
Managing director and CEO of HM Uttam Bose said that the company was heading steadily towards a turnaround.
HM posted a 147 percent increase in net profit to Rs 20.36 crore in the quarter ending December 31, 2012, against a loss of Rs 42.81 crore for the corresponding period in the previous financial year.
"This has been achieved by leveraging the strengths of brand loyalty and operational excellence. With steady and continuous growth in HM?s sales numbers, the company?s march towards a revival has become more pronounced and promising", Bose said.
Cost-efficient production, increase in sales through expanding distribution and financing networks would contribute to the cause, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300