Honda Amaze launched at starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh
New Delhi: Automobile major Honda on Thursday launched its much-awaited entry level sedan 'Amaze' .
The starting price of the car will begin at Rs 4.99 lakh. The Petrol variant of the car will have six versions and diesel variant of the car will have four versions.
Talking about the huge growth potential of India in the automobile segment Hironori Kanayama , President and CEO said, “Honda aims to tap the huge customer base that India has. After launching the sedan in the bigger cities, Honda will focus upon venturing into the tier-II cities.”
The Amaze diesel option is powered by a 1.5 litre engine and the company claims that it will give a mileage of 25.8 km per litre. The petrol option has a 1.2 litre engine and the manual transmission has a fuel economy of 18 km per litre, while the automatic one is claimed to run 15.5 km in every litre.
The 1.2 litre i-VTEC engine for the Petrol version of the car is same as that of the Brio. The 1.6 litre i-DTEC diesel engine will allow greater-comfort driving. The diesel engine will have Solenoid fuel injector, High-efficiency cooling system. The Pistons will be narrower and shorter with environment friendly Fuel system.
Interior design concept of the car focuses upon privilege comfort. Keeping in mind the Indian middle class Honda has made bigger trunk space in the car which can accomodate two big luggage and two small luggage.
Price of the car (Petrol version)
Rs 4.99 lakh for E Grade
Rs 5.24 lakh for EX Grade
Rs 5.62 lakh for S Grade
Rs 6.60 lakh for VS Grade
Rs 6.62 lakh for Sat Grade
Rs 7.50 lakh for VXAT Grade
Price for diesel variant
Rs 5.99 lakh for E Grade
Rs 6.24 lakh for EX Grade
Rs 6.67 lakh for S Grade
Rs 7.60 lakh for VS Grade
The entry level sedan Amaze qualifies for the excise duty benefit, enjoyed by small cars in India and will directly take on Maruti Suzuki's Swift DZiRE, the current undisputed segment leader. At present, any car with a petrol engine capacity under 1,200 cc or diesel engine under 1,500 cc, but length shorter than four metres, attract an excise duty of 12 percent.
Highlights of the event
- The pre-launch programme has begun
- Honda Shows Audio Visual of the model
- AV talks about India's glory and the glory of the model 'Amaze'
- Takanobu Ito, Honda President and CEO addresses the media
- Says in the Asian region Honda caters to the needs of affordable model
- India has huge potential for growth
- Hironori Kanayama , President and CEO in his key note address says Amaze will appeal to all buyers who love spacious interiors and greater boot-room
- Says Honda, after launching Amaze in the metros will soon shift its attention towards tier-II cities.
- Tier II cities have huge potential, he says
-Says Greater Noida plant has production capacity of 440 cars per day
-Amaze preview more than 50, 000 visits per day since 1st April
- Atsushi Arisaka, Team Leader, Honda Amaze Development addresses the media
- Says Amaze is smart micro limousine with advanced and dynamic design
- Interior design concept focuses upon privilege comfort
- Enhanced comfort for sedan.
- Power folding outside review mirror
- Heat absorbing front windscreen suitable for Indian summers
- Bigger trunk space- two big luggage, two small luggage space
- Front has both cup holder as well as bottle holder
- Petrol engine is 1.2 litre i-VTEC engine, used the same as that of Brio
- Ryuji Matsukado , chief engineer for the diesel motor addresses the media
- Says the 1.6 litre i-DTEC diesel engine will allow greater-comfort driving
- High strength and light weight will be the USP of this engine
- Pistons are narrower and shorter
- Fuel system is environment friendly
- Solenoid fuel injector
- High-efficiency cooling system
- Low-fuel engine oil
- Gyaneshwar Sen, General Manager Marketing, Honda addresses the media
- Target Audience: Mid-income families, two wheeler upgraders, value-for-money seeking customers
- Low maintenance cost both in petrol and diesel version
- Position of Honda Amaze "Badle aapki duniya"
- 25.8 Kmpl mileage
- 4 Grade level
- Petrol will have two transmission type manual and automatic transmission
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300